• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild pig hunting in MN

jerlaur

I heard that there was a game farm somewhere by LittleFalls that has wild boar hunting. I can not find any information on the web. If anyone has any information on where and who I could contact I would really appreciate it. Thanks

on a KFAN outdoors episode a few weeks ago, Captain was saying there was a report of a group of hogs that were loose in Western MN; and no one has seen them for awhile in the area; and now they are worried that they have moved elsewhere and expanding...

There is a "gamefarm" that had pighunts up near little falls but it is somewhat of a canned hunt. The hogs are planted a day or so before you "hunt" them. The property is fenced in but fairly large with ample cover for the hogs to roam. I did one of these hunts up there but it was nearly 20 years ago and I don't know if they are still in operation. If I could recall the name of the ranch I would post it. Might want to try one of the area forums that includes little falls and inquire there.

Tunrevir~

JmnHunter is right.....the group of hogs has been seen around Canby MN and then SOuth to Marshall..

i have not heard anything latety i will ask around this weekend

What? I'm from the Canby area, and I never heard about it. Was it actually Wild Hogs, or just hogs escaped from a farm? Crazyness.

i know all about the pigs in the ortonville area,they are potbellies. i have been shooting them for 3 years now.it all got started by one land owner beening mad at the neibghor and turning them loose in a revine to screw up there deer hunting.it didnt seem to work they multiplyed and then moved across the road to my revine.they wiped out 5 acres of corn and i couldnt figure out what was doing it one night i was bowhunting and saw them shoot 5 ran out of arrows when the corn got out we shoot 2 more.last year i shot 4 more and last winter coyote hunting we shot 7 more then the dnr stuck there nose into it.i wont go there not happy with how it got handled so i will leave that alone.as far as them moveing by canby i would say no not the bunch from ortonville they are still out there.the dnr didnt want anybody shootong them but i still shoot everyonr that i get a chance to.if nobody belives me i have pictures to prove it.

i know all about the pigs in the ortonville area,they are potbellies. i have been shooting them for 3 years now.it all got started by one land owner beening mad at the neibghor and turning them loose in a revine to screw up there deer hunting.it didnt seem to work they multiplyed and then moved across the road to my revine.they wiped out 5 acres of corn and i couldnt figure out what was doing it one night i was bowhunting and saw them shoot 5 ran out of arrows when the corn got out we shoot 2 more.last year i shot 4 more and last winter coyote hunting we shot 7 more then the dnr stuck there nose into it.i wont go there not happy with how it got handled so i will leave that alone.as far as them moveing by canby i would say no not the bunch from ortonville they are still out there.the dnr didnt want anybody shootong them but i still shoot everyonr that i get a chance to.if nobody belives me i have pictures to prove it.

Why wouldn't the DNR want you to shoot them?????! Why not let private citizens help get rid of them, instead of spending big bucks trapping them or hiring sharp shooters??

I've only read about it but it has something to do with the perception that you can't get them all via hunting and that when they are hunted they are more difficult to trap. I believe the DNR here and in WI believe trapping is the most effective solution. Given the risk of disease and the damage they do I would think it would be a top priority to get rid of them ASAP.