• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frankies

JohnMickish

maybe waiting on 10's? that would be my guess. not many people buy boats in september,unless there buying what will be last years model. i noticed the dodge dealership by my work was real low. and nos there advertising 10 vehicles coming soon.

That seems to be the norm on all vehicle sales. I know with cars it was the clunkers deals but with boats most dealers saw the writing on the wall and kept a minimal amount of inventory this past year. Even Frankies, one of the largest, if not the largest, Ranger dealer didn't seem to have their usual amount of new boats on display this year. Just a sign of the times I'm afraid.

I'm not sure how many they typically have on hand and I'd guess most of their new boat sales are custom orders anyway. The last time I was there the majority of the boats I saw on the lot were used or on consignment. I'm not positive, but do they store boats in the off season too? That may have been some of the boats I saw as well (it was early spring).

Yes, there are lots of possibilities from can't get inventory due to the Genmar bankruptcy, played the inventory to sales game right so they don't have any holdovers. Maybe they don't get many "walk in" sales and everything sold gets ordered or ??

I just thought it didn't look right since they usually have more on hand this time of year than what they do now. I just hope eveything is still strong.

i didnt know that some dealers go to do state fair! Every dealer this time of year is looking to get as low as they can with inventory going into the next year. the cleaner they are, the better they are!

100-200 thousand people attend the fair each day. Pretty good advertising if just a fraction walk by their booth I would say.