Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Windy City Walleye Hunter

A Fine Farewell to the "Dump Dome"

24 posts in this topic

Last inning

Two outs

No balls

Two Strikes

The Lord God himself of all closers, Joe Nathan, on the mound

A rookie at the plate

And then......

Gotta Get Get

Gotta Get Get

Gotta Get that BOOM BOOM POW !!!!

Sox Rock the house and Nathan dumps in the dome!

Not over yet BOYZ!

Merry flippin Christmas there Windy. That is what is called Minnesota nice. Now get the heck out of here.

GOD I HATE JOE NATHAN!!!!! I can't stand that twitching [PoorWordUsage]!!! He has been a good closer but I can't watch the 9th innings when he comes in cause he is so frusterating to watch!!!!

didn't know I couldn't say id iot

Yeah Yeah Yeah,

Check swing, catch, no catch, umps wanted to give one to the Sox, the sun got in their eyes, wait that is one excuse you will have to wait till next year to use! LOL

Gotta get that BOOM BOOM POW!

I thought BOOM BOOM POW is what happened to the Sox's lineup after the fire sale and them waving the white flag for the '09 season.

Here we go again. I am glad you slammers out there are perfect in every way and never have a bad day at work Always perfect. Wow must be nice.

Windy OH BOY 1 IN A ROW. You are rollin now. laughlaughsmirksmirk

Nathan is who we thought he was: an overpaid puke-baller.

There isn't a team in baseball that would not take Nathan as their closer.

I half logged on tonight to see what Windy would name his new topic smile

So they improved from 2 for 18 to 3 for 19? I'm sure Ozzie was super pumped to get out of there for the last time with a win when they are so few and far between.

Hey Windy:

Central W L Pct GB Home Road East Cent West Streak L10

Detroit Tigers 70 61 .534 -- 43-22 27-39 10-19 28-20 22-14 Won 1 5-5

Minnesota Twins 67 66 .504 4.0 39-30 28-36 8-20 29-21 18-19 Lost 1 7-3

Chicago White Sox 65 69 .485 6.5 36-30 29-39 15-20 27-30 12-13 Won 1 2-8

Cleveland Indians 58 73 .443 12.0 28-35 30-38 16-17 26-29 11-14 Lost 2 6-4

Kansas City Royals 51 82 .383 20.0 26-41 25-41 11-21 22-32 10-19 Lost 1 4-6

That IS the Twins above the White Sox, so who cares?

Zamboni,

Interesting stats, I wonder what they will look like on September 24th after my beloved Pale Hose issue a beat down on your Twinks. I have tickets to the series opener and I will be looking for some more of that BOOM BOOM POW! I can only hope that the last few will be off of that itchy twitchy reliever that Twink fans love to hate. I don't think any Sox fans have called Bobby Jenks a puke baller! LOL

Band wagon is getting a little lighter in Twinkieville........

Windy-

I wonder also-- but one thing that needs no wondering,, is that your team is behind the Twins in the standings and has a higher payroll RIGHT NOW. also-- no matter what, the Twins have 2 Titles in recent memory and the White SOx 1,, and the Twins have done more with what the have been dealt with than the White Sox have had. As far as the "Dump Dome" -- I'am glad you called it what it is for the WHite SOx,, you guys certainly smelled up the joint in a nutshell. For the Twins-- it was and has been-- HOME-SWEET-HOME, and really took care of beating the SOX there--- and 2 World Titles,, something you can't say.--

And i have sneaking feeling that the Dump DOme will work a liitle magic agst the Tigers, and that's all the Twins need to get in,, cause it certainly isn't coming from the SUX.

I would only take maybe 2 other guys to be my closer in MLB and maybe only one (Rivera) but that still doesn't make me feel comfortable when our closer starts twitching and shaking worse as the pressure rises....very hard to watch!!

The fact is, closers are bums. They aren't good enough to be starters and they come into the game with a lead and only need to get three outs. That they get All Star consideration is a joke. That they get Hall of Fame votes is a travesty. The save is THE most over-hyped, practically useless stat ever devised in baseball. Now they're starting to count holds...holds!! Are you kidding? These will be the next category of HOFers--first the closers, now the holders.

The fact is, closers are bums. They aren't good enough to be starters and they come into the game with a lead and only need to get three outs. That they get All Star consideration is a joke. That they get Hall of Fame votes is a travesty. The save is THE most over-hyped, practically useless stat ever devised in baseball. Now they're starting to count holds...holds!! Are you kidding? These will be the next category of HOFers--first the closers, now the holders.

agree 100%

Rivera in his prime was untouchable, he brought a lot of value to the closer. You knew the game was over.

Name the only Twin to hit a bomb off him.

I would love to see Rivera as a starter with his one pitch repertoire. Once through the lineup then stick the fork in him. Ever see a starter with just one pitch?

Anyone else remember Ron Davis? OMG, worst closer of all time. I remember once he came in, ump called time, he went into his windup anyways and threw a pitch into the screen behind the plate

Ron Davis???????????? ya, I remember him.....I think he retired because of NECK trouble....snapping his head around to watch the ball go out so often, has to take a toll! I wouldn't put him as" worst of all time" though....Hawkins has that distinction. Davis just had lost too much by the time we got him.

I will take our last 4 farewells....and it ain't over here at the dome. How many games left at Comical Park in the Windy City this year??? laughgrinlaughgrin