• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunny Conditions

ryanmitchell

depends on water clarity and overall fish attitude. You just have to get out there and see if they're going. Bluebird skies usually means i'm not off the water until about 10:30-11:00. If I wasn't so lazy I'd probably stay out later than that.

With the drop in temperature lately though the night bite might not be as an inviting an option as it was earlier in the summer.

I have not been on the water as much as I would like to be but from what I have witnessed in the last couple of evenings with bluebird days and light winds my action has come at primetime/sunset on the outside edge. Nothing after dark for me.

As far as a retrieve I might mix it up, but my tendency would be to burn'em.

Was out tonight in West Central MN from 2-9 and didn't see a thing fishing deep and shallow with blades and dawgs. It was gorgeous though having the sun setting behind you and the huge moon rising in front of you. Wishing I could've had a big ol fish in my hands with the daylight change in the background. Ahhh well...one of these days! If you caught big fish everyday, would you still find it enjoyable? (Wishful thinking smile )

Speed and brighter color patterns would be where I would start with the puzzle. if nothing goes then move deeper/ shallower or switch presentation. Being on the water and fishing during "primetime" on days like the past week are substantially up your odds. You will need to let your previous experience and your fish encounters from each day determine how you are going to get fish to bite.

tight lines

Dan