• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When do you call bass season quits for the year?

Larson15

Agreed. By far best time to fish Largies is after all pleasure boaters are done, Jet skis and wave runners are gone,

docks are off, bow season is going and when goose,pheasent hunters are going strong.... LOTs of fish to be had and they typically have the feed bag on. Not to mention they are usually schooled up.

Gotta love when all the bow hunters and grouse hunters leave the lakes to sit in trees or walk through them...probably one of the best times of year to be on the lake.

Isn't that were the phrase "...going up north for a little Cast & Blast..." came from?

Well, I'd say my usual cutoff for being out any given day is 32º cause I HATE it when the eyelets freeze up. I've experienced that musky fishing and its just annoying. As far as when I typically call it quits and put the boat away for the year... Whenever the water freezes over.

I once told a friend that we will catch no bass because the water temp. was 40 degrees (in the fall). Well, we caught a smallie and a large mouth. Both small but none the less,it was a bass. Since I've learned that bass are catchable down to 36 degrees. Slow on the bottom. Have you ever seen a 3" tube? Bass love 'em. This was before the invention of gulp!

Until ice. At my cabin lake they all stack up in one of two spots, and if you get a day that's about 50 after there was icing overnight I swear you can average a pound of fish per cast. We had one November day where we boated 6 fish over 20" in about an hours time.