• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Pheasants Inc.

I know there are not many chapters left of them. I beleive the only ones around are in Blue Earth and Steele Counties. Seem to be a nice organization. Have you checked with your local chapter of Pheasants Forever? they might be something you could be interested in also. The whole Southern half of the state has a chapter in every county.

A google search puts you right on their web site.

Looks like MPInc and PF are competiting for the same $ in Steele County. Hopefully they can find common ground.

I would hope those 2 would work together and not against each other. Its like DU vs. Delta, quit criticising each other and work together

Well I will start out with this disclaimer; I am involved with PF.

Having said that, here is my opinion. MN Pheasants Inc. may do some good things in their area and if that is what you want to accomplish, check them out as well as the local PF chapter and then make your decision. Where PF differentiates itself is that PF has a state and national presence. PF is very influential in Federal farm policy (ie CRP). The future of pheasant hunting, unfortunately, is more tied to farm policies and big conservation programs than anything. In addition, PF is an expert at leveraging state and federal grants to increase local funding for projects. That is huge.

The biggest thing though is how well do you get along with the guys. That is why i suggest you attend a meeting of both. After you do that, your decision will prolly be pretty easy.

In response to your question I will state the following. I am the current treasurer of the MN Pheasants Blue Earth County Chapter and have been with the organization now for 8 years. We have a sister organization in Steele County that I believe was started before our organization was spun off. Both have been around for well over 60 years combined. We both have events coming up in the next couple weeks and you can find out that info by sending me a message or checking out the HSOforum. The fall event we have coming up is a joint venture between our club and the local ducks unlimited chapter and that will be on Saturday Sept 26. The Steele County annual banquet will be on Thursday Sept 17.

We are always more than willing to work with other sportsmans organizations as we are all striving for the same goal and purpose. We tend to work a lot with the local DNR offices and also the Soil and Water Conservation districts.

One of our major projects that we are involved with is a very large land acquisition in Blue Earth County SW of Lake Crystal of 520 acres. This land will be available for public hunting hopefully next fall after we assist in restoring the lands. Our club has committed $100k in funding to this project so its one of our bigger contributions we have recently made. We also recently just acquired another 45 acres of land next to an existing WMA and are working on that as well.

The best way to find out more about us and what we are about is to attend one of our meetings. Our chapter holds meetings on the 2nd Thursday night of each month at 7pm in Good Thunder. If you'd like more information let me know or send us an email on our HSOforum.

Thanks,

Patrick - 2009 Treasurer MN Pheasants Inc BEC