• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish trap pro mods

Jordyn Kaufer

Jordyn - I havent found any of the rope lights to be very impressive but those ufo type lights light up my pro great. I have the one made by HT. I just hang it with a short piece of rope and a quick clip to the pole out in front of me. Then use a small head lamp for looking behind me or when moveing.

I upgraded to a new pro last season after a ton of years with an original trap - from the first year they made em without the sloped high backed sledbase. Haveing the extra width is quite nice. Plus the seat is worth the money alone...

I picked mine up at Gander last year. I did just see them on HT's site. So they are out there. Im not sure who else makes something similar...

I also have a rod holder mod im working on, i'll post pictures when it's done. But I doubt that will be till first ice as we still have to get through fall fishing and archery season cool

I'll get a pict up sooner than later. Just a little something to hold a rod while your re rigging it. I was so used to laying it on the bench seat next to me with my old trap I had to come up with something. One will mount to the sled base on either side of ya. I worked on some prototypes at the end of last season and got it figured out. Theres alot of stuff out there but these will be lite, out of the way, and easy to remove...

Jordyn

Keep it a lightweight portable like it was designed to be! Use a buddy heater, a small lp gas lantern that uses the same lp tank as the buddy and your set! It is still a portable fish house!

You start adding wood construction, batteries, lamp post etc etc... You will need 3-guys to help you load it into your truck and you will get rid of it becuase its not a portable any more.

Do yourself a favor for your resale and your back... leave it a portable!

I bought a Ray O Vac extreme sportsman L.E.D lantern and it really puts off the light. It's about half the size and weight of a regular lantern, runs on 3 D bats puts out 300 lumens and runs 70 hours on high and 140 on low. You can use it like a regular lantern or take off the globe and hang it upside down. I've had a couple friends go out and get them after seeing how well mine worked.