• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Our very own Tippman... Gone

I don't know if this has been posted yet anywhere but I just found out this morning that Brian Gradin, 30, St. Cloud (known to many on here as Tippman) passed away on Friday the 28th. I didn't know him personally but from sharing info and reading his posts over the past 3 years, I could tell he was an outstanding guy. An avid outdoorsman, very big into archery and fishing. Each fall I looked forward to seeing the bucks he would shoot and the muskies he would catch. This news really saddens me. He'll be missed. R.I.P.

Services

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, very sad day frown He will be missed.

Brian was a very nice person. The times I have met him or communicated with him, he was always helpful and extremely polite. Always willing to learn, yet willing to share knowledge at any moment. Very down to earth guy.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

frown

Many great deer taken by Tippman, but this was a catch of a lifetime on video he got last year:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This news has basically stopped me in my tracks. Seems like a great guy from his posts, did very well with the racks and toothies as mentioned. Much too young, that's a shame. Thoughts and prayers for the family, I'll always remember his avatar with a cow of a 47 incher that he got last year.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Brian will be sorely missed.

He was an avid outdoorsman and all around great guy. He provided entertainment and enjoyment for many, myself included.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends.

I found out about this yesterday morning from my brother in law. I have met Brian a couple times and I don't think he had any enemies. His brother is my bro in law's best friend. I just wish that he would have talked to more people about some issues going on. Tippman hasn't been on this site for a little while. These forums are a great place for anyone to ask advice or for fellow outdoorsmen and women to encourage us to keep our chin up. Let this be a reminder that HSO isn't just a hunting and fishing site, it is an extended family and fellow FMers are here to listen and hopefully help each other out in our time of need. RIP Tippman!

I spent a little time here after work just going back and remembering Brian by reading some of his pasts posts. The guy was most definitely the epitome of an outdoorsman and a smile you couldn't forget.

DSC01046.jpg

Yep, Tippman started and added to many good threads. I would say the one post that stuck out for me was the one from last year in the 2008 deer opener thread. He had already taken some nice deer earlier in the fall and was asked to help fill some open tags. Well, not the biggest buck he has taken down, but pretty nice:

Got invited to try and help some friends fill tags this morning. They don't manage deer so this was a shooter. 171 lbs.

PB110061.jpg

What I got a kick out of and remembered was one of the responses to his post:

Quote:
tippman,

OK now your just showing off!!! time to pull your tags and remove your gun for about two years you lucky SOB!!!! AND wipe that smirk off your face because we all know your loving it to death.

By the way good job!(jeoulous in brd)

mr

Here is the thread!

Not too many regular Joe's get asked to come fill tags anymore these days. Obviously someone saw him as not just a regular Joe. He sure had luck when it came to tagging or catching big game!

Albino Buck Thread Of Tippman's If You Would Like To Read!

You know I never even meet the guy but he seemed like one he11 of a sportsman. I sit hear in my office reading these posts and I just feel horrible, it is almost like I lost a good friend.

RIP Tippman, you will be truly missed by your extended FM family members...

So sad as Brian was an avid outdoorsman. I got to know him just a little bit talking turkey. He will be missed as will his wonderful smile and great posts here on FM.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Not sure I can say anything that hasn't already been said.

Over the years with the site here, I've met A LOT of people. Names and faces come and go. Some I remember, some I don't. I've met Brian on a few occassions and every time I've seen Tippman posting, I've read the post. What do ya say... his enthusiasm was infectious.

Big muskie = big smile!

A sad loss indeed.