• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bait Casting Reel ?

musky5555

I'm looking at buying a Abu Garcia Revo Toro reel for my muskie buck-tail rod. I know they're new this year and don't know much about them. Can anybody give me a review on these reels? Are they durable? Enough torque to retrieve large double bladed buck-tails?

From the reviews I read about it today (been looking at it also ;)) it seems like it should have enough torque for heavy baits. They also appear to have sturdy construction which should make them pretty durable. I know that wasn't the review you were looking for but hope it helped a bit.

I think I'm one of the few that had to have mine replaced. I have a 6:4:1 gear that had the push button stuck down. It happen when I was throwing a supermodel and it didn't give any warnings of wearing out. Bought the reel at Cabelas so I have a new one coming. I also have a 5:4:1 gear that has been flawless. So in my opinion I would buy another one, it was probably a fluke that mine had a defect. Just keep your receit, Abu will replace it if anything goes wrong the first year.

I know of quite a few of them that have had problems.

I'll wait to pass any judgement on them until people get 2-3 seasons of heavy use without a problem.

The saltwater shimano's are doing that and to me that's a measure of a quality reel.

I have the 5:4:1 model and have about 10 trips under my belt with it. I have nothing but good things to say about it and am incredibly happy with the purchase. I do burn buck's with absolute ease but not DCG's though so no input on that.