• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

theres this guy who goes to my church that basically told me he was going to go hunting on the very spot i have been scouting for the past 2 weeks.. he showed me this spot a few years ago.. if i beat him to the land on sat morn is it wrong?

You soon will be oil and water too ...

Kind of an unwritten rule: He showed you the spot. You should hunt it with him, maybe by yourself, or not at all. I don't think it is right that you and your buddies are taking it over. Because someone showed you a spot, that does not mean that you should share it with all your buddies.

What kind of church do you attend? Ever hear of the golden rule? If I showed you a spot and you went there without me - we would be done. Go find your own spot - take someone hunting there - and then the next morning, when they beat you to the spot, you'll be a little wiser.

I bet your friend wishes he never took you hunting to his spot.

A 225 acre lake is plenty for two groups, heck that is enough for several groups (duck hunting later season, anyway). BUT... he showed you the spot, you need to at least talk to him first, to get a read on it. If it is a common knowledge spot where everybody goes, then it's not a big deal, and who cares. But if this is even "sort of" out of the way, then it is different story.

I agree with the above. If he showed you the spot, then you hunt it with him, or not at all. That or you talk to him and find out if it is kosher for you to elbow in on the spot.

It is kind of an unwritten rule in fishing/hunting... Fool me once... To heck with you!!!! If I showed you one of my grouse hunting go to's and you were to hunt it with one of your buddies, then he hunted it with one of his buddies, the snowball effect would come into play and it would be no good for anyone.

It's the reason why good hunting/fishing partners are hard to come by. There are people I fish with that I only go to "community" holes with, because they tell everyone around them about finding the hot bite. I do the work and everyone else benifits? I dont think so scooter.

Be carefull how you play this one, it could come back to bite you.....

if i beat him to the land on sat morn is it wrong?

In my opinion....it is wrong for you to even scout that spot. He was kind enough to show you...and now you want to "stab him in the back"?

Look for another area. If you honor his spots he may even take you on more good hunts.

I agree with the above. If he showed you the spot, then you hunt it with him, or not at all. That or you talk to him and find out if it is kosher for you to elbow in on the spot.

It is kind of an unwritten rule in fishing/hunting... Fool me once... To heck with you!!!! If I showed you one of my grouse hunting go to's and you were to hunt it with one of your buddies, then he hunted it with one of his buddies, the snowball effect would come into play and it would be no good for anyone.

It's the reason why good hunting/fishing partners are hard to come by. There are people I fish with that I only go to "community" holes with, because they tell everyone around them about finding the hot bite. I do the work and everyone else benifits? I dont think so scooter.

Be carefull how you play this one, it could come back to bite you.....

My thoughts excatly. This is where I'm careful when I take some new people out or a person I've hunted once or twice with. I say, give him a call and see if he will be hunting there and see what happens. Man up.

I can handle the biggest jabroni's if they have a good hunting spot. And since this guy showed you the spot originally and he told you he was going there, I tell your buddies to keep their mouths shut and call him up and say hey "I know you were planning on going there, so were we, can we team up and do this thing." If he says no, as much as it sucks you really need to find another spot. I have a spot for duck opener that was shown to me by a friend 10 years ago, and still to this day if I find out he's going there I go somewhere else.

looks like the wind will be outa the SSE so.. im thinkin well set up on the southern end of the 255 acre lake.. think its even going with him having 40 some dekks on the north end, and us having 20ish??

Is this for duck or goose opener. If you're hunting cottonwood, I hunt around Marsh and we do the best with fewer decoys. We usually throw out 3-4 teal, 2-3 mallards and 2-3 woodies. Typically for opener, ducks aren't on the water in groups of 20-40. Usually a big group is around a dozen. I personally feel that when ducks are getting shot at on opener and they see those big spreads of decoys the shy away from them.