• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My fantasy team- what do you think

slabchaser

QB Carson Palmer 8 CIN R10 P6

QB Matt Cassel 8 KC R11 P5

RB Steven Jackson 9 STL R1 P5

RB Jonathan Stewart 4 CAR R5 P5

RB Tim Hightower 4 ARI R8 P6

RB Darren Sproles 5 SD R9 P5

WR Greg Jennings 5 GB R2 P6

WR Terrell Owens 9 BUF R3 P5

WR Chad Ochocinco 8 CIN R4 P6

WR Roy Williams 6 DAL R6 P6

WR Lee Evans 9 BUF R7 P5

TE Visanthe Shiancoe 9 MIN R12 P6

K Jason Elam 4 ATL R15 P5

K Ryan Longwell 9 MIN R16 P6

DEF Tennessee Titans 7 TEN R13 P5

DEF Philadelphia Eagles 4 PHI R14 P6

I thought I did alright its only a ten team league. Let me know what you think.

I like the strategy of waiting on a QB...you got a couple decent QB there late. You have great depth at WR...but RB is very thin.

I would have looked for my second RB in round 3, after you had Jennings. Judging by the WR you got in rounds 4,6,and 7, you could have passed on Owens and/or Ochocinco and picked up a RB, and still had adequate depth at WR.

Why the focus on WR? Does your league start 3 WR each week or something? If not, you are going to have a lot of WR talent sitting on the bench each week while you start Hightower or Stewart at an important fantasy position. I'd look to trade some of that WR depth to improve at RB2. But that is just my opinion...

thanks for the input Jarrod. yes our league starts three WR. I kept on looking for a quality RB but nothing was showing up, nobody I could trust anyway and the WR were stacked so I kept picking them. I was thinking that I could end up trading a WR for a quality RB later.

Quote:
I was thinking that I could end up trading a WR for a quality RB later.

Bump! No you had a good stragety I used the same method and took 2 stud WR's in my 1st and 2nd rounds (Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson). I've heard and read many strageties and in this years draft it seems like there are 6 or 7 top self WR's where you have to get one if not two of them, and then the talent at WR really drops compared to the top 6 or 7. Jennings is a good pick for round 2, cuz he will get the ball alot, and Jackson for your #1 overall at #5 spot is a good pick cuz thats really where he should go in round 1 or if DeAngelo Williams was still on the board I would of taken him,depends on if your in a PPR league. Jackson is going to be have a good year barring injury but thats with any player. I really don't have a problem with how you went about your draft, I am just iffy on TO, Ocho, and both your QB's cuz Palmer is one pass from ending his career and Cassel is gonna get blitzed to no end.

I don't really like it. Too many questions but you do have a lot of potential.

RB1 - Jackson - could be awesome or he could bust. Injuries and a bad team with no passing game.

RB2 - Stewart, Hightower and sproles - Touches may be an issue. I can see a big headache here for you.

WR1 - Jennings - Solid

WR2 - Bunch of primadonnas. Owens, ocho and Roy all have enough talent to be solid but can they come through?

TE - Should be fine

QB - Maybe, you have an unproven talent (1 year and in new system with less weapons) and a guy who hasn't gotten back to pre-injury form. If you can get anywhere close to the numbers they've put up in the past you'll be fine. Cassel is hurt already and the coordinator has been fired. Your better bet is palmer I think.

I'd be trying to work out some trades right now to shore up your RB2 position. I'd try and package a RB and WR or 2 WR to someone light on WR before the season starts and its just predications. If ocho, roy and/or TO throw up a couple stinkers to start the season, you're in a trouble.

My starting line-up looks like this:

QB - Aaron Rodgers

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Roy Williams

RB - Michael Turner

WR/TE - Vincent Jackson

WR/RB - Pierre Thomas

TE - Owen Daniels

K - John Kasay

D/ST - Baltimore

My bench looks like this:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger

WR - Piercy Harvin

WR - Devery Henderson

RB - Chester Taylor

RB - Jonathan Stewart

TE - John Carlson

QB Carson Palmer 8 CIN R10 P6

QB Matt Cassel 8 KC R11 P5

RB Steven Jackson 9 STL R1 P5

RB Jonathan Stewart 4 CAR R5 P5

RB Tim Hightower 4 ARI R8 P6

RB Darren Sproles 5 SD R9 P5

WR Greg Jennings 5 GB R2 P6

WR Terrell Owens 9 BUF R3 P5

WR Chad Ochocinco 8 CIN R4 P6

WR Roy Williams 6 DAL R6 P6

WR Lee Evans 9 BUF R7 P5

TE Visanthe Shiancoe 9 MIN R12 P6

K Jason Elam 4 ATL R15 P5

K Ryan Longwell 9 MIN R16 P6

DEF Tennessee Titans 7 TEN R13 P5

DEF Philadelphia Eagles 4 PHI R14 P6

I thought I did alright its only a ten team league. Let me know what you think.

I'm a firm believer in drafting for weeks 14 15 and 16. If you aren't going have good matchups in the playoffs, there is no point in getting there.

The good news is, Steven Jackson plays houston and arizona in weeks 15 and 16, so if you get there, you have a nice start.

You've basically sacrificed your RB2 for a solid 3 some at receiver. One problem you have in Palmer and Ocho, is they play PITT twice and Balt twice. I don't think I want those matchups. KC will be playing from behind alot, so perhaps Cassell will be a good option. However, you are already in trouble week 3, when cinci plays Pitt, and KC plays AT Philly.

Here's what I would do. Cinci gets Denver at home first week. I look for cinci to come out guns blazing in that game and look good. With any luck, Palmer and Ocho will look great. Maybe even Evans has a good day.

Take Ocho after week one, pair him with Evans and or Palmer, and go trade for a better option at RB2. Then go find another QB if necessary... Culpepper will do just as well (although he may have turf toe now).

Look at the team with Deangelo Williams (he'll want J Stew, or the team with LT,( he'll want sproles), perhaps you could pair one of them with OCHO and get a solid back...

or do nothing, and hope one of those starters go down, and you're sitting pretty.

Frankly though, I hate your QB's. I almost always wait until the 6th round to grab a QB too, but I'm not taking a guy who has to play bmore and pitts 4 times. You're better off with Shawn Hill. He gets Arizona, Stlouis, and Seattle, 6 times!!! Although, that may not be a great example as they are going to try to run run run this year.

ONE other piece of advice. Never take 2 kickers and 2 defenses. Use those 2 picks to take a flyer on an unknown quantity. You can always grab kickers and defenses later. Hell, if you don't have transaction fees, just play whoever is playing against Favre each week.

Take those 2 extra picks and try guys like Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, Earl Bennett, etc. I doubt Sammy is available, but if he is, I'd jump on him in a heartbeat.

I'd rather have that hotshot TE for Greenbay on my roster, than a 2nd kicker.

Nice receivers, but you have some work to do at RB and QB in my opinion.

Now that I've had a little more time to think about it. I think I'd hang on to sproles. San Diego will run away with their division, and may lock up a bye in the playoffs early. If so, they'll rest LT, and sproles becomes the man in week 15 or 16, right when you'll need him most.

This is my team I drafted in a 12 team league.

Im scared on my Rb's.. I can start two qb's

1 WESTBROOK

2 ROMO

3 MCNABB

4 ADDAI

5 GATES

6 JULIUS JONES

7 HIGHTOWER

8 C.HENRY

9 E.ROYAL

10 L.WASHINGTON

11 D.BRANCH

12 NORWOOD

13 HEATH MILLER

14 LEFTWICH

WE GET TO PICK UP AN ADDITIONAL 6 PLAYERS, SO I DIDN'T PICK A DEFENSE.

This is my team I drafted in a 12 team league.

Im scared on my Rb's.. I can start two qb's

1 WESTBROOK

2 ROMO

3 MCNABB

4 ADDAI

5 GATES

6 JULIUS JONES

7 HIGHTOWER

8 C.HENRY

9 E.ROYAL

10 L.WASHINGTON

11 D.BRANCH

12 NORWOOD

13 HEATH MILLER

14 LEFTWICH

WE GET TO PICK UP AN ADDITIONAL 6 PLAYERS, SO I DIDN'T PICK A DEFENSE.

You're in trouble. If you don't finish near last, I'd be surprised.

Compare that to this 12 team league lineup:

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Addai

RB thomas Jones

RB bunch of miscellaneous backups like Rashard Mendenhall, Edgerrin James, Shonn Green, Sammy Morris (who I think is going to be the guy at NE)

WR Randy Moss

WR CAlvin Johnson

WR Terrellble Owens

WR Antonio Bryant

K Rackers

Def (I'll pick a different one each week, probably whoever is playing against Favre)

I'm solid at Receiver, but I'm in big trouble at running back.

I'm assuming you only start 2 receivers, but you seem to be weak at both RB and WR. I can't imagine why you'd use a 2nd and 3rd round picks on QB's. Kills you.