• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantasy Draft - How did I do?

Fish Head

PPR league, 12 teams. I had the 7th pick in the draft.

1. Steven Jackson - STL RB

2. Calvin Johnson - DET WR

3. Kevin Smith - DET RB

4. Phillip Rivers - SD QB

5. Dallas Clark - IND TE

6. Lee Evans - BUF WR

7. Pierre Thomas - NO RB

8. Devon Hester - CHI WR

9. Jake Delhomme - CAR QB

10. Dallas DE

11. Jason Elam - ATL K

12. Kevin Boss - NYG TE

13. Caronia DE

14. Matt Bryant - TB K

My thought... I'll give myself a B-.

What do you think?

It's alright. WR2 and WR3 will hurt but how did thomas fall to the 7th? He should have went 2-4.

I have to give you an "F" for Rounds 9-11. Delhomme at backup QB way too early. Never take a kicker that early and defense should have waited till 13 but I'm guessing you're required to draft 2 Ks and Ds. If so, waiver wire will be plentiful.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree 100% with 2nd & 3rd receivers. I think the only thing I would do different was Lee Evans, but there weren't many receivers left by than. That helps explain why Thomas was still there in round 7. I like my RBs, QB, WR1 and TE.

We only get 14 players and were required to have 2 defenses and 2 kickers. 4 of my last 5 picks were kickers and D, so I couldn't take them much latter than that.

I figured, but it's stupid that you only get 14 roster spots and have to carry 2 Ds and 2 Ks. It only helps the people that don't know what they're doing as they can work the waiver wire because it's deep. Hopefully they at least give you a IR spot or 2.

No IR spot either. We only play 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs and 1TE. I think the lineup is good other than a 2nd good receiver.

One guy in our league drafted 2 WRs with the same bye week. I think he might give me Marques Colston for Lee Evans. If he does, I'll give this lineup a grade of A-.

I like Thomas better than Smith as your second running back. And how did Steven Jackson fall to the 7th pick?

I think that Colston for Evans is an upgrade, but Evans was a solid pick in round 6, and I would have no problem going into the season with him as my second wide receiver (in a normally deep league, anyway).

I think you did very well fish head, and now that you aquired Colston you really have a good WR core. If your in a PPR also look at Derrick Mason or Kevin Walter as they could of slipped by people and be on the wavier wire.

I just cant believe Pierre Thomas dropped that far in your draft thats a steal in the 7th, and koodles on nabbing Jackson and Smith as RB's they will get alot of Receptions which will help in your league. You have a solid RB core to go with a solid QB and TE. Just a note I guess I am not high on Lee Evans for some reason so im glad you got rid of him for colston (who should have a good year). I am not really a fan of Evans, and now that TO is in Buffalo it's gonna take away more receptions from Evans. Otherwise you did alright, also you got a nice sleeper back up at TE with Kevin Boss. Oh also I agree you took Delhomme to early, Flacco or Garrad are quality back ups and you prolly could of got them in round 13 or 14. Otherwise I'd give your team an A-, B+

I'll take a A-, B+ any day. Derrick Mason and Kevin Walter went undrafted, so I could pick them up off the waiver wire latter if Hester (my sleeper pick) doesn't pan out. Oddly enough, Laveranues Coles didn't get picked up either.

Garrard was gone, but Flacco went undrafted also. Maybe its just me, but I like Delhomme better than Garrard or Flacco. Either way, I'll only need him one week as I'll be playing Phillip Rivers all season (barring injury).

My plan was to pick up Darren Sproles or Chester Taylor late as my 3rd RB, but after seeing Thomas still there at round 7, I couldn't pass him up.

I've reported you to the proper authorities for armed robbery. Seriously, he took evans for colston straight up? Geez.

Mason has looked very good this preseason (I know it's preseason) but if past results indicate future performance, I'd probably grab him now.

Ditto I think the 2 under appreciated WR in the NFL are Hines Ward and Derrick Mason, as they seem to put up 1000 yard seasons and catch 70-90 passes a year. They really are just like Cris Carter in that they take their offseason workouts seriously and always come into the beginning of a season in good shape/condition.

Reason why I say to look for Flacco is because I have a feeling he will get to air it out more this year than his rookie season last year with Harbough being the head coach. So his main target will probably be Mason, and Todd Heap. Plus they gave the ok for Ray Rice to carry the load over McGahee and McClain, so that should be interesting for many fantasy drafts.

I think giving the #1 RB job to Ray Rice was a good move by Harbough. I think he went in round 3 or 4 in our draft. I think what hurt Derrick Mason was his age and the fact that he didn't seem very sure about coming back to play this year (sounds like a QB I know).

We're not able to pick up free agents in our league until Sept 9th, but I saw DM had 6 catches against Carolina, so he might be a great waiver wire pick.