• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Out and about

Well, it got to be a long, long day, but there were a few that I liked when it all got downloaded and looked at.

Fly on Susan

3873306218_e15380c144_o.jpg

Big enough to RUN!

3872520625_0d8f7c9172_o.jpg

Another return to the Enchanted Forest

3872520235_8f3fa3f1b7_o.jpg

Dewdrop under rose hip

3873303834_9a3e80a2bb_o.jpg

Why do you suppose they call it a hawkeye? grin

3873303558_7403bf3706_o.jpg

With all of the shots of the enchanted forest, for some reason this is my favorite. If I could just fill the whole computer screen with it, I think I could feel as if I were there. I like the dew drop, were you in your enchanted forest at the time?

Thanks, all. Sarah, the dewdrop was not in the enchanted forest, but is a reflection of the edge of that location. Too much shade in the forest for roses.

The level of detail from front to back of the image is crying out for a really large print. I shot this one with the Canon 24 f1.4L in dead calm at f22 with a 30 second exposure.

Likely by this time next summer, I'll have an autumn, winter, and spring image from this spot. Ideally I'd print this summer one truly large, like 30x40ish and frame it as the central piece, adding the other three seasons as smaller images framed and in a row below or above it.

It's the kind of place that makes you want to keep going back.

So I will. And I reckon Ken will, too. smilesmile

Anyone else think the dew drop comp looks a bit like the eye/cheek of a red and green snake, or am I taking too many hallucinogenic drugs?

Is it a bad thing that I can see that, too? Especially if you squint a little. I was surprised by the red ring that surrounds the drop. Does that usually happen with a dew drop macro? Haven't noticed it before. Being on a strong color would probably bring it out.

If you possibly can, try getting the enchanted forest immediately after a rain when the sun is streaming down through the trees. I had an opportunity last summer in Washington, but I was new to DSLR and new to using creative settings. The only one that began to catch the magic was shot in black and white. The forest was hauntingly similar to yours.

Sweet variety! Great to see that grouse bookin it like that, what a strange look it gives the bird with it's neck all stretched out like that. I also REALLY enjoy the hawk image, the lighting on the bird is sweet and it is giving something a serious look, I think it's great that it's not looking at you.

Thanks so much, everyone, for looking and commenting.

Buzzy, I hadn't thought of metallic paper for that one. Thanks! One print coming up! gringrin

Yellowhead, I don't think there'd be enough variety throughout the year to get 12 uniquely monthly images from the location. How to differentiate July from August or December from January, for example. I think the four key seasons, however, will have a lot to offer. Ken (finnbay) and I already have made plans. smilesmile

Shawn, I don't doubt you are correct. There are tons of wonderful images to be made over there. We'll continue to see how it goes.

Jason, the grouse was an immature bird, part of a covey I busted along the road. There rest flew away, but this one apparently felt like exercising leg instead of wing muscles. smile