• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leaking boat rivers

ReelTimes

I have a 98 Lund Fisherman 21 ft. It has had alot of use on Lake Superior/Michigan over the years and noted I was taking on some water this past year when pulling the plug. Not so much to be a large concern or that I cant run the pump every couple hours but enough that it is bothersome. Also, I would be hesitant to leave boat at a dock overnight. I have determined that I have 4 leaking rivets all in a line. One has a consistent drip, the others very minimal drip every couple minutes. Anyone in the Duluth or MN area do this type of repair work or do I need to send back to Lund. Any idea on cost range to fix. I already rebuilt the engine this year so funds for another major repair may have to wait for another year. Appreciate any advice

You may want to check with Lund for warranty. Otherwise, I've seen good results from a putty called Marine Tex which Marine General had. You may also want to looking into putting in a seperate bilge with an automatic bailer wired directly to the battery.

That is how we found leaks in my neighobrs older lund. Ended up being the rivets right above where the last rollers were on the trailer. He had the boat not being pull far enough up, and the transome wasn't being supported properly. We had decent access to the inside of those rivets (3 leaking very slowly, but noticable) so we bucked them and now it is tight as a Nun's Habit. smile

Was thinkging about letting the garden hose run for a bit while on trailer in the driveway and seeing if any leaks out. Is there a better way? thanks!

That's the best way in my experience... fill the bilge area with water and watch to see where it leaks under the boat.

marine_man