Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN Shutterbug

Way to go Aaron Martins

16 posts in this topic

I just finished watching the final day of the bass tournament on the Tennessee River, at Gunderson Alabama. I was glad he beat out Reese. Skeet is a bit of a showoff. It was also fun to see Ike lose a couple big ones.

But, can you imagine catching 35 bass in one day, with an avereage weight of 5#? Wouldn't that be a blast. That's what Skeet did the last day of the tournament. Aaaron's weight for the 4 days was over 107#. Uffda!

It just goes to show how good he is to still win with that putz sitting on the spot he was fishing, and the other guy wasnt even catching any fish, must have been embarassing.

when that tourney originally aired, i had just had a good day cranking as fast as i could. when i saw that is how the big boys were getting em, i felt pretty good about my fishing i.q..

martens has the worst luck with other boats!

I watched another tournament immediately after this one, and the average winning weights were less than a 1#. The anglers were happy to catch a 13 oz. fish. That was also in a river system. That was 1 heck of a difference, especially when Ike would get one on and yell, "it's a big one", and pull in one just a little over 1#.

While I respect Aaron Martins fishing abilities, he is very good. I do not respect the way he handles situations. A quote from above..

Quote:
It just goes to show how good he is to still win with that putz sitting on the spot he was fishing, and the other guy wasnt even catching any fish, must have been embarassing.

I think other anglers often share spots with other boats.. But Aaron seems to complain and wine about it more than anyone. Thats what turns me off about him. Congrats to him on his win.

I think other anglers often share spots with other boats.. But Aaron seems to complain and wine about it more than anyone. Thats what turns me off about him. Congrats to him on his win.

I agree!!! The dude can fish but he just doesn't seem to understand that you never "own a spot". Skeet was on them that day to... He almost caught him!!

Dietz,

You are so right about Aaron Martens, I had a chance to fish with him 2 years ago as a co angler and he is not a pleasant person. A very good fisherman but not a good person. I mentioned this to a few other co anglers and they said they had pretty much the same experience as I did. And unfortunately that gets in the way of his winning sometimes. You know as well as I that a positive attitude, especially in tournament fishing, is all too important.

I like Reese, and Ike - not so much Martins. He's annoying. he got into a yelling match with what's his name last year and that was his so called friend.

Velvick. I'm on Martens side on that one I think. Guess I dont know the entire story though. I will agree that Martens needed to get over that and focus on fishing, he let it get to him on Falcon.

While I respect Aaron Martins fishing abilities, he is very good. I do not respect the way he handles situations.

Just to let you know that if you've ever fished guntersville on the weekend, it is tied with Kentucky Lake for being the worst lake in the country for having people come in on you. In this case that hillbilly totaly stole Aaron's spot and knew it. What a hack. And not that Aaron never complains, because he does, but the TV editing totally blows it out of proportion, from what I've seen.

I have fished lake guntersville on a weekend during a tournament. and it compares to any other body of water that you fish a tournament on during the weekend. there is always going to be that chance that someone else is going to be fishing the same water that you wanna fish and there isnt anything you can do but suck it up and move on.

Maybe you haven't fished Guntersville on a weekend during a tournament lately. It is a lot worse than the average body of water. They don't need permits for tourneys in Alabama like in MN, so there can be 6 different tourneys going on the same day. But the point is, when someone is leading a tournament worth $100,000 for 1st place and they've caught all their fish off one spot, it's dirty pool to show up and fish there just because you saw them fishing there the day before. It's not against any laws, but that don't make it right. Some people just don't have any honor.

And I think the guy that was on his spot the final day said he had a tournament out there the next weekend or something. And Martens specifically looked for "unpopular" areas where most people don't fish.

Quote:
wow...........why do I live in Minnesota again?

That is somewhat a question I have often asked myself. The only difference is why do all the high profile Bass fishermen in this area fish lakes when all the big tournaments are on reservoirs?