• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slumpbuster 2

aanderud

Steve D's recent slumpbuster week inspired me to get out flatheading again. I had almost decided that it's time to quit for the year, with the last 8 outings all ending with 0 fish caught my yours truly.

Went out and got bait with WWG this morning, then hit the river about 6. I thought if nothing else, I could at least catch a channel cat for the shootout using some fresh cutbait. I hardly remember what a flathead bite even looks or sounds like, but I figured in the off chance that I did get bit, maybe John would point it out for me. I have see him do this for Darren quite a few times..."Darren, you have a bite". wink

I didn't expect the fish to be turned on with the cold weather either, but I was guessing that I could lose at cribbage a few times, if nothing else.

Turned out to be the best night I've seen numbers-wise in quite a while. I got 2 channels, roughly 7 and 9 lbs, and 2 flatheads, roughly 13 and 23 lbs. Nothing huge, but respectable fish at any rate. When you're on a streak of 8 skunks, ANY 4 fish night feels great. John also boated a nice flathead, and I missed what I believe was a bigger girl due to lack of hooksetting ability -- it was swimming at me and I hosed it.

Thanks John.

Glad to see you got some catfish, I am headed out tuesday from shore and Friday from a boat so hopefully my string of skunk nights fishing for flatheads will come to an end soon. All we can do is put our time on the river and hopefully the mighty flathead will come a calling.........

Just like riding a bike, isn't it Brian. You have to admit it feels good to have something other than your bullhead tugging on the other end of the line. I was out too - guess what? - I got skunked. I'm out again tonight.