• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Hunting/Day pack for the money?

ac777

I've been highly considering buying the Eberlestock Singshot pack for bow hunting this year. I will be hunting mostly whitetails this year, but I love to spot and stalk, and might be heading out west for some hunts in the future. The main reason I want this pack is because of the bow carrying feature. I know other packs have this as well, but this seems to be one of the best systems out there for this. The reviews on Cabela's seem to be pretty good. This price is $150 and that is about the most I would like to spend, within reason. Has anyone here had any experience with this pack, or any other packs similar? Just looking for some feed back before I go out and purchase it. Thanks.

I had my mind set on the Badlands Superday (based on badlands reputation and all the reviews I had read) for bowhunting and a trip for elk out west. I stopped at Cabelas and looked at some of the other packs they had there and with help from an associate, I ended up going with Cabelas Bow and Rifle Pack over the Superday and others there. Once I got all the packs fitted properly to my size, the Cabelas pack hugged my frame and hips better than the rest. I guess the moral of the story is if possible, try your pack on before you buy as each may fit a body type better.

I had my mind set on the Badlands Superday (based on badlands reputation and all the reviews I had read) for bowhunting and a trip for elk out west. I stopped at Cabelas and looked at some of the other packs they had there and with help from an associate, I ended up going with Cabelas Bow and Rifle Pack over the Superday and others there. Once I got all the packs fitted properly to my size, the Cabelas pack hugged my frame and hips better than the rest. I guess the moral of the story is if possible, try your pack on before you buy as each may fit a body type better.

I do hear you on the fitment. I tried on the Eberlestock in scheels, but didn't take the time to get it all fitted. Another promising one is the Horn Hunter Mainbeam Pack. Looks to be some quality packs for reasonable prices, just a matter of deciding on features and fitment I guess.