• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Auger Engines

Hitman

Need to buy a new gas auger, and at the end of last year I decided on a Jiffy STX Pro 2hp in 9", however by Feb, this size was sold out everywhere. I thought I would buy that unit this Fall, however I started to read this board, and read Tecumseh is no longer selling and Jiffy (and others) had to find a new manufacturer. don't want to be anyone's test dummy and don't have time to find out how well one's warranty and customer service are.

I would like to be able to see a Nils Master 8" before I buy, but who in NE Wisconsin has one of these in a store? Appears most do not bring out ice gear until mid October.

I heard Jiffy will use a Chine motor, another salesman said it will be a Hoda motor. Lot of mis information at the stores. Welcome any comments. Glad to be here, ice time is the only time I get to fish myself.

Hitman Charters

Buy ANY strikemsater product and you should be happy ...... fantastic customer service if you should ever need it. The new motors on the strikemasters have been thoroughly tested and strikemaster stands behind their products.

Need to buy a new gas auger, and at the end of last year I decided on a Jiffy STX Pro 2hp in 9", however by Feb, this size was sold out everywhere. I thought I would buy that unit this Fall, however I started to read this board, and read Tecumseh is no longer selling and Jiffy (and others) had to find a new manufacturer. don't want to be anyone's test dummy and don't have time to find out how well one's warranty and customer service are.

I would like to be able to see a Nils Master 8" before I buy, but who in NE Wisconsin has one of these in a store? Appears most do not bring out ice gear until mid October.

I heard Jiffy will use a Chine motor, another salesman said it will be a Hoda motor. Lot of mis information at the stores. Welcome any comments. Glad to be here, ice time is the only time I get to fish myself.

Hitman Charters

The new Jiffy SD60i auger has a 45cc 2 stroke "Jiffy" engine on it. Jiffy calls it the new 2hp 2500 series Jiffy engine. I have no idea who manufactures the engine.

I became a believer of a Nilsmaster unseen enough to FINALLY test one . Yes I paid as everybody does .Going into 4th season this year and as an auger the Nils is not in your imagination . Its a REALITY and that good . I have a great Jiffy too ,,,that runs ripping ice forever but its not the precision tool the NILS is , The Tanaka powerhead rocks too .

TD

I'll hold off until I can see and touch a Nils. Who sells these from a store in Wisconsin? Stores will not change to ice mode until November. Thanks for your input, great site!

Hitman Charters

Curious if you will need to go directly to SM in Big Lake to have them serviced. Or will they have their network of Autherized service shops up to speed on servicing the new motors (I use D-Rock in New Brighten).

Today, most small engine shops can fix your old Techumse. It would be inconvinient if you had to ship it/drive it to Big lake or worse back to Germany wink if you ever needed the engine serviced.

I became a believer of a Nilsmaster unseen enough to FINALLY test one . Yes I paid as everybody does .Going into 4th season this year and as an auger the Nils is not in your imagination . Its a REALITY and that good . I have a great Jiffy too ,,,that runs ripping ice forever but its not the precision tool the NILS is , The Tanaka powerhead rocks too .

TD

I could not have stated that better myself. Thats what is what I hear from all Nils users. A great auger to say the least.