Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boatfixer

Amsoil in Hondas

9 posts in this topic

Anyone running Amsoil in there Hondas? A friend of mine told me the clutch will slip with synthetic oil, he, by the way is a Yamaha guy. Any opinions or real non-bias experiences?

A friend is now a amsoil dealer, But he had problems back in 2003 with a foreman with tranny slipping. Maybe they changed the formula

since then.

randy

I think it may depend on the model. I'm pretty sure with the Rincon you should never use synthetic.

You can use synthetic oil in hondas as long as it was made for atv use. Honda makes synthetic themselves. My dad's been running amsoil 0w-40 in his rubicon for awhile. Lots of people use synthetic in their rincons.

2000 Honda Foreman S and been using Amsoil for years. I have noticed when I work my machine hard, and get it hot I have had some shifting issues. It's hard to explain (no expert here) but it's not slipping the clutch, more like sticking. The shifting gets difficult, and "clunky".

I don't know if it's the oil or if it's all the work I throw at the machine year round...wear and tear?

Chuck, I had the same issue with mine early on. I talked to a Honda tech and the first thing he told me to do was put Honda motorcycle and ATV oil back in. I did and haven't noticed it any more and I'll turn 9000 miles in a month or so.

Thanks Mac, I should have asked you about this. wink How much I like Amsoil, this has been my only concern.