• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Underwater Cameras

Hd Wtr Hillbilly

Hi Im new to this forum but have been a long time reader.

Has anyone had any luck with the Cabelas brand underwater camera. They seem to have decent reviews and the price cant be beat.

I am looking for a camera that will keep the wife occupied in the shack and also not break my budget.

Hi!

Bought one 2 seasons ago and was very disappointed in the quality of the picture and lack of contrast control. I had the 7" screen model, which was about impossible to see anything with out on the open ice. In the fish house, it worked somewhat better-when it was dark.

It proved to be just another thing to lug out onto the ice and I took it back to Cabelas. Wish I'd bought a new locator instead of the camera, but maybe it was just my expectations for it. If you fish crystal clear lakes, you might find it to be a lot of fun. I wish it would have had a longer viewing "tunnel" attached to it to block out more light. Maybe that would have helped. frown

The best one in my opinion is the Marcum 820, or 825 color. The light doesn't impair the vision on the screen. They are a bit pricy, but Cabela's has 2 in there bargain cave for $400.00 in Rogers. I had the Agua View, which is about the same as Cabela's brand, no match for a Marcum.

I have used numerous cameras and at this time have a MarCum 825. I like the camera but I thought my MarCum 380 had just as good a picture. Too bad I sold my MarCum 380.

The cheaper camera's do work but from what I have seen, the higher quality one are better.

I do agree that the MarCum is better than the Nature Vision cameras. I feel they are also more user friendly.

I have yet to see a camera that works well in deeper water with snow on the ice or evening viewing. Dirty water viewing is next to impossible.

If your looking for one for the wife, I would have to believe that the MarCum 380 would fit the bill.

Yea I have looked into the Marcum 380, and it seems like a good camera for the money. I wasnt sure how it compared to the cheaper ones from cabelas.

Has anyone purchased just the camera cable and hooked it up to a tv in a permanent shack? I was looking into that option because the majority of the time I would be using the camera in the perm.