• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews or Hoyt?

BRB

Never shot the monster. I have the Drenaline...about only difference is they got rid of the silencing mech on the drenaline and went to a slide on the Hyperlite. Shoot them and see which one you like. Hear a lot about the monster but haven't shot it.

Shoot them and see which one you like.

Either, just pick which one is most comfortable.

FWIW, Mr. Matthews (Matt McPherson) himself believes the single cam technology is still better than the dual cam they put on the Monster. He obviously thinks his is the best dual cam bow but has said they built it only because the market demanded it.

I bought a new bow this year because I wanted to switch to shoot left handed (I can see farther out of my left eye and its my dominant eye). I started with a Diamond Iceman but had some noise issues with it so brought it back a week later and got the Mathews Reezen. I am very pleased with it so far. Smooth draw, fast, quiet....I'm shooting much better already than I ever did shooting right handed. But, as mentioned, do your research on all of them to know the differences, then shoot them all, then trust your gut. There are so many good bows out there. Don't get hung up on a brand name. Have fun shopping!

My opinion, dont ask salesmen for there opinion at least at bigger sporting stores. They will try to talk you into a certain bow so they can get better comision. (AT SOME PLACES NOT ALL OF THEM) go what suites you best. All that maters is you are happy and cofident. They are all good bows. But I was always a Mathews guy and I did the blind fold test and I told the guy what one I wanted and he told me its a bow tec so I said Ill take it. The funny thing is he was just seeing if I would actually take something different than a mathews. And sure enough theone I liked was a Mathews

I just bought a new Mathews. I went into the store thinking I was going to get the Reezen, did't like the way it came back over the hump. The Monster is just a flat-out speed bow, I'm not impressed. I ended up with a DXT and just love it. I shot lots of bows in 3 different stores and as soon as I shot the DXT I knew it was for me.

Good luck in your search!

Hard to argue with the "shoot 'em both and see what you like" recs above. I've shot a ton of Mathews and for some reason, they don't fit me. Some of my buddies feel the same with Hoyt, Bowtech, or PSE. Go figure...

There is no right or wrong choice. The only right one is the one you like best or feels best.

All of the bows you've thought about are high quality bows. Each has their advantages and disadvantages and only you will know which one is the best fit for you.

A brother and his son both shoot Mathews but they have more money than me. I'll stick with my Hoyt. Didn't have to shoot it to know, the moment I first drew it and it sat tight against the back wall I knew it had to be mine. So smooth! Its the original Striker before they went to single cam (and interestingly now you see alot of duals again.) PowerFlex split limbs and a brace that naturally keeps your arm out of the way. If the string ever hits your arm with this bow then your form is seriously out of whack.

Pick the one the feels best for YOU.

Been a Mathews shooter for 8 yrs. PSE previously. My BF (who I will say is an expert archery hunter of 40+yrs. just shot all the new Mathews and Hoyts--he bought the Hoyt that he shot the best groups with overall.