• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This one goes out to Rob Rushing

Larry FlatCaster

Rob,

Got a pass you a tip of the hat, pat on the back, and a big thanks.

First one being, that Rod (the Quantum big Cat) that you did a repair on for me.... well I finally caught some fish on it last night... It worked like a charm. Oh yea I paired it up with my new 7000 this june.

Second: and even better..... I finally bagged some fish on the cat bobber after 3 years of off and on trying. Even with you showing me how you fish it earlier this year. I've finally been getting some hits on it lately (which I must say is pretty cool to see) and finally connected with 3 fish in one night on it.

For those that have not had the chance to see one in action... well... the best I can describe.... Jaws. when the shark gets tagged by a barrel and starts smoking away pulling it faster and faster and then blub... down it goes.. Ha Ha...

Made my season last night! Even though I had quite the scare when a monster channel smashed a huge sucker, pulled the rod so hard that the rod holder folded down and the rod was getting pulled into the water. Thanks to my Cat like reflexes I got it at the last second before it went all the way in.

Thanks Mate!

Yeah Rob was one of the first people I know to start using the Bobber effectively for Flatheads. They are a prized possession too that might make a guy desperate enough to strip down his boxers and save one from a snag whistle

I still haven't caught my first one, but haven't tried a whole lot either. I bet it's a blast.

Maybe it just takes a bit of confidence catching some big Channels on those bobbers to give them more of a chance. wink

Good Job, Larry, nice to hear you found some fish!

I ordered up a few different bobbers from a well known HSOforum the other day, I'm going to try them up north next weekend. They seem to come in lots of shapes and sizes. I got one that will hold up to a 5 ounce weight, one that says it can take up to 3 ounces, and a couple others that didn't specify but should be somewhere in the 3 ounce range I'm guessing. I would think that any time I need 5 ounces to get near the bottom, I'm probably not going to be bobber fishing. But, who knows there might be a time.

This is exactly why a muskie guy like me likes to rub shoulders with you cattin' guys every once in a while. Y'all help each other out and are FLAT-out good guys.....pun intended! Read a post in the muskie forum about "Water Ethics" and you'll see what I mean.

Y'all are a little goofy at times with Jell-O flavoring ideas and such....but good guys! Nice to see!

Ya I would say Rushing's bobber catches (Kyle B I thought also) got me to buy some stock in those beer can sized bobbers back in 07 grin Got some cannon ball sized ones also wink

Gave them a run down a couple times in larger eddies on Pool 2 with out any luck. I think it was the operator more than the presentation though wink

I am a believer and great to hear you got to see a bobber go down LFC! smile

I agree Cjac!

cjac, You are exactly right, these guys will help you catch a flathead catfish and make your time on the river more enjoyable because they have done their homework and shared it with us. Although you still have to put your time on the river, it is sure nice to read what has been posted so your chances on catching flatheads increases dramatically. These guys will help you out and have great knowledge of this great sport.