• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

16' Lund Makeover continued...

Shoot2Kill

There has been a few boat makeover projects on here lately so I thought I'd put mine up.

I bought this boat in June, nothing wrong with it, just wasn't very fisherman friendly and I hated not having any storage whatsoever.

Before -

boat4.jpg

During -

boat3.jpg

boat5g.jpg

boat9.jpg

boat30.jpg

boat32.jpg

boat23.jpg

boat38.jpg

img1952caq.jpg

boat36.jpg

Continued in next post...got cut off...

Got cut off in the last post...here are the rest....

img1952caq.jpg

Finished....9 days later....

img2016has.jpg

img2019f.jpg

img2017p.jpg

img2018f.jpg

img1953knc.jpg

Boat now has big casting decks front and back, storage all over the place, rod holders that fit 9 foot muskie rods and will be totally out of the way, tunes, and a bow mount trolling motor and I can get rid of the giant pain in the butt transom mount troller! I tailored this boat around chasing muskies and I wanted it to have the ability to be totally clutter free so you're not fishing those big fish at night and stepping all over stuff. Everything now has it's place. Half of the back deck is removable for the times when you don't need a full deck (family days) and when it is in place the seat pops right out for an unobstructed deck and stows right underneath.

Still have to mount the bow mount Minnkota and then it's done and ready to get back after it! I was kind of sad when it was over...it was a very fun project to work on!

you did a great job, are there lights in the boat itself for when you are fishing and need the floor or deck lit up? if not, you can get some led type rope lights that would run along the edge of the rail and floor and do not draw a huge amount of power. You can also get them in red so it will not interfer with your vision during the evening. Congrats on a great looking boat.

you did a great job, are there lights in the boat itself for when you are fishing and need the floor or deck lit up? if not, you can get some led type rope lights that would run along the edge of the rail and floor and do not draw a huge amount of power. You can also get them in red so it will not interfer with your vision during the evening. Congrats on a great looking boat.

Yes, there is a bow and a rear light that point toward the floor but they could be used to signal in a plane - waaay too bright at night..I need to put something over them to tone them down a notch. More soft LED lighting is my next step after getting the bow mount hooked up - the red is a good idea!

great job on the restoration! it looks amazing. i did a similar project this winter. these types of projects are very fun to do because you personalize the boat completely for what you want and where you want it. i really like the cd player with the speakers.

on a side note, you should have just created one thread instead of two for this, just make 2 separate post in the same thread. 2 separate threads is kind of overkill

on a side note, you should have just created one thread instead of two for this, just make 2 separate post in the same thread. 2 separate threads is kind of overkill

DUH! Yes, why the heck did I do 2 threads now that I think about it? haha...it was a Friday.

DUH! Yes, why the heck did I do 2 threads now that I think about it? haha...it was a Friday.

no worries. have you been out in the boat at all since it was done? how much did the whole speaker/cd system cost in total?

did you use treated wood or marine plywood?

where did you get your carpet?

Shoot2Kill-

Nice restore. Can you send me the pictures via e-mail? I would like to use them as a reference in the future and I always have a difficult time finding these links once they disappear. How do you attach the supports for the floor along the side of the aluminum? I have always wondered that with restoration jobs that put new floors in or storage areas.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Minners

Originally Posted By: Shoot2Kill

no worries. have you been out in the boat at all since it was done? how much did the whole speaker/cd system cost in total?

did you use treated wood or marine plywood?

where did you get your carpet?

Yes, put a 41" muskie in the boat the first night out! Going out again tomorrow....just got the bow mount hooked up today...can't wait.

Speakers were 80, stereo was 80, waterproof housing for the stereo was 40.

Treated plywood....neither Menards or HD had marine. It will always be stored inside so I'm not too worried about it.

Mills Fleet Farm for the carpet.

Shoot2Kill-

Nice restore. Can you send me the pictures via e-mail? I would like to use them as a reference in the future and I always have a difficult time finding these links once they disappear. How do you attach the supports for the floor along the side of the aluminum? I have always wondered that with restoration jobs that put new floors in or storage areas.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Minners

Will do on Monday...I have them all at work. I will explain how I did it in the email...my computer is acting funny here at home.