Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phins2

Trolling Motor Batteries

5 posts in this topic

I have a nightmare that needs to be fixed. I have a 24 volt system. I have a Minnkota Vantage trolling motor that uses 3 leads, an inboard charger that has 4 leads, a front mount trolling motor with 2 more, and a depth finder with 2 more leads. 11 total. There is not a lot of room in the storage area of my boat. To make a long story short if you need to change batteries it is a problem getting all the leads removed and then back onto their proper battery posts. There has to be a simpler way than taping wires together to make a bundle of wire for each terminal to make sure they are put back onto the correct terminal. Any ideas.

I just bundled mine up and marked with red or black perm marker where they went. I used small zip ties in red and black as well.

you can get 2 or 4 small fuse blocks and run all the wires to them and then just one wire from them to the bat

First off, I'd keep your locator wires off the trolling motor batteries to eliminate the chance of interference.

Secondly, they make terminal blocks like this:

60gang1_0.jpg

That would help clean up the wiring.

marine_man