Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
96trigger

What do you think of this guy?

14 posts in this topic

I'm on the fence with this one. He has great main beam length and width, but not much for mass or height. I know I would shoot him, but where would he land score wise? Just curious, right now I would say 130.

MDGC0005.jpgMDGC0004.jpgMDGC0006.jpg

I'd say 130 max. Hard to tell his age. Ithink he may be an older deer starting to go down. I saY, "WHACK HIM".

Id think hes right around that 125 mark. Thats a prime example of a deer thats probably NEVER going to "score good". Its just not in his genes. Either way hes framed up nice and looks great on the hoof! Id be tickled with a buck like that! Good luck!

I will take the opposite side of the fence here. It looks like a good 3.5 or 4 year old, but he could be a lot bigger next year.

He's very similar to the one in my avatar. Short brows, okay tines, wide spread, long main beams and not a lot of mass.

Mine looks better on the wall than he scores. The wide spread and long main beams make them "look" a lot bigger.

I agree with picks, I would let him walk and grow. I don't think he is that old yet but its hard to tell with the straight on photo.

My opinion 125-130 2 1/2 year old.

Shooting him or letting him walk is totally up to you.

I personally would not but that is my opinion. I would be happy if someone in my party shot it and put it on the wall as there trophy.

it would be interesting to see what he looks like a couple years down the road but I would understand pulling the trigger on him. Either way what a great choice you have. good luck

Hope to get some pictures of him without velvet. I know that I have a couple of bucks in the area that will make pope and young, but there is one in particular that would make boone and crocket. The popes will be hard to pass up on.

That deer looks just like the one my brother shot last year which scored about 125". I'd defenitely shoot it if i got the chance.