• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go to northern colors.......

jcpmn82

#1 Orange and black

#2 Orange and black

and if you don't use orange and black I would choose

#3 Orange and black

If you don't catch northerns on orange and black they simply aren't biting or there aren't any in the lake!!!! Any weather any time of the day, orange and black, overcast sunny rainy foggy snowing blowing etc... etc..... Orange and black... It's that simple.....

Let's see. There's perch patterns, plain ol' white, silver/black shad patterns, gold, chartruese, chrome/blue, crayfish red, black, orange/yellow...

Great thing about northerns, you can zone in on a color and find out they are biting just as well on another. I love catching 'em.

Chrome/blue would be my top though, followed closely by white.

Large Black/silver and Perch colored raps have always done good for me. Remember trolling large black/silver #13's on Little Man Trap Lake a few years ago about this time of year and just killed the northerns!

I'll 5th or 6th or whatever the Black and Orange comments.

This lure is my go to on any lake, any conditions, any time of year for pike fishing (and muskies at times too). Its a horrible picture, but black bucktail body, trailer hook with yellow twister tail and a "fire" colored blade that goes from chartreuse to a bright orange. The Candyspin!

303031.jpg

Perch crank, or Firetiger crank. We almost always draw the triangle black "stripes" on any cranks we get, to resemble the perch pattern, for pike or walleye. Sharpies are always in our box smile

But black and orange or black and chartruese are in general the colors on those lures, so I agree with the consensus for our fishing.