• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall fishing 2009

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone lives near a Toxic River System where Trout & Walleyes can cohabitate crazysicksicksick

Two differnt river systems Einstein - Delaware n Susquehanna...

You should be loading up on those mecury laden mudsharks to the north.

Nice chattin with ya... cool

Yes I did . . .came ill prepared for a less than floater bite. But you saved the day Lone Ranger. My neighbor is cleaning my three this morning . . . Todd, you should yelled and joined the samba . . .only the middle 4 were catching and of course the hash thrower was doing his thing.

Went to the wall again tonight and was able to get a few Waldo's. Two were just over 15" and the rest were between 17&22", and I was able to get a new personal best that went 27.25". If I can figure out how to post it I'll put up a photo or if someone can help me I'd be greatful. Was also the most Waldo's I've caught in one outing. Hey Mr. West if you still have my phone #'s give me a call. If you don't let me know on here and I'll put them up. Sniper07

Went to the wall again tonight and was able to get a few Waldo's. Two were just over 15" and the rest were between 17&22", and I was able to get a new personal best that went 27.25". If I can figure out how to post it I'll put up a photo or if someone can help me I'd be greatful. Was also the most Waldo's I've caught in one outing. Hey Mr. West if you still have my phone #'s give me a call. If you don't let me know on here and I'll put them up. Sniper07

AL,

Email them to me and Ill put them up for you.. [email protected]

Sniper07 - Good job Al... Todd and I putzed around on the east end and caught a couple pickleheads.

Good seeing you Douglas, how did you make out?

We fished till 9:30 p.m. and Todd went home while I went west where I had caught a decent eye a week ago,. Well I grabbed a rapala lc and launched it out there and my night kinda finished like this grin

1st cast - light tap

2nd cast - better hit

3rd cast - caught and landed a 22"

4th cast - caught and landed a 21"

5th cast - Lost a nice one trying to land it.

6th cast - Lost a 23" nice one trying to land it

7th cast - Nothing.. reference 6th cast above.. Unbenownst to me while trying to land that approx. 23" walleye my snap came un hooked. Bye bye lure on the next strike on the 7th cast naturally cry

8th cast - After retying, caught and landed a nice 17" eater

Not bad for 25 minutes of fishing. Wind was just right funneling right into my face and the eyes were stacked in heavy. Stopped at one more spot on the way back and nada. Would have stayed and kept catching but there were like 5 guys their so I left and didn't play into the night.

I was driving those guys crazy as they had been there from a 1/2 hour to two hours already and all they had was one walleye on a thunderstick. Naturally they were all over me asking questions., What are you using?, how fast are you reeling? whistle You guys know... the standard Timmy Toe questions laugh One guy said it's gotta be the plug another said the retrieve and the capper was when I said "There stacked like cordwood out there boys, dont catch em all I'm going home." grin

Well I finally caught my limit this year cool and will be filletting some fish today. Fresh waldos for dinner tonight! grin

I got to see and read the report first hand via text . . . while I was at the bar having a cold one. A couple of fish caught around 12 just as the lightning showed up. About an hour before that I convinced Donnie to go to Schniebs where there was at least some current since it was the flat where we started. Second cast a 26 incher, but that was it. Other than Donnie falling off the rock that turned into a log with a flat top. There he sat straddling the log and trying to get his feet on something to stand up on . . .while not knowing that he wasn't over 10 feet of water but only 2!!! Only thing wet and hurt was his pride and if you know my neighbor . . . he doesn't have any of that either. LOL Dougie called you back and got to talk to the lovely Vanessa, again . . . No dry waders so did not make it your way.

DEC out checking last night . . .got some Bosnian's for using extra poles and the white van fisherpeople got hit for no licenses. Said they have some undercover guys checking some of the common complaints we have noted before in here. Was just leaving with my three when they showed up. Nice guys (I don't mean that in a Timmie kind of way . . . )

Timmy - whats up with the challengers? A few years ago thats was all you threw at night...

That's easy Jay, "Weeds", heavy mops of them everywhere.. Tried the challenger early on the east end and NADA.

I was walking that LC as close to the top as I could, I may have paused it a few times as well wink I think a skitterpop would have been a good one too.

Nice job Frankie..

Nice job Todd. Wish we lived closer...

Timmy - lots of options for fishing up in the water colum. When they are thick it dont matter but I never cared for the LC minnow. She cast great but the wobble aint there. Anyone on Tanks point?

Looks like Tank and I are going sharkin up north tomorrow...