• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duck and Goose decoys in same set?

Do you think having a few Goose Decoys in or on the side of your Duck decoy set, is bad for one or the other? Do you see less duck's with goose in the set, or less goose with ducks in the set? Or no diff, at all?

Geese and mallys/puddlers, no prob

Geese and divers, not so well, Ive ran all 3 2gether and it still worked somewhat but look at nature, best teacher, mallys and geese are always sharing water or fields and divers seem to stay in the middle of large bodies of water away from all other birds, sometimes divded by spieces even.

Thanks for all the ideas. I have been setting them off to one side a good 10-20 feet off the ducks. Where I have been hunting has a good flock of resident geese but I just can't seem to bring them in? So wasn't sure if I should just lose the ducks or geese out of the set and go for one or the other?

i use 6 floater mixed in with a dozen mallards and every species of duck around here at least takes a look. and usually sit by the geese

i do the same and have had the same results. i put goose decoys (about 8) off the side of my duck spread on the water and have had ducks land in the goose decoys more than the duck decoys? idk but if the spread is set up right it works out good anyway....

Do you think some CO may have any issues with that? Kind of like Fishing when a season is close. Huum? confused

eh? I would think he'll give it a try when duck season starts... but yeah it works for me, especially in fields. They get thick during the early goose.

thats how I plan on field hunting out here in ND as I dont have any duck field dekes; i was told set up my goose dekes with a couple of spinning wing duck dekes on the outsides

Yeah ducks love the geese in the field, they've been all over us this early season. Throw a couple spinners out come Sept 26 and we'll be shooting limits before the geese even fly. Not much experience on water though...