• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you suffer from ice fishing disorder?

JSK76

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbor came over to see the new wheel house. He noticed a couple of beer cans and the T.V. and told me that I had a problem. I thought he was talking about the beer, now I understand what he meant.

I guess I too suffer this disorder.

I came up with enough good reasons (in my mind anyway and I guess part of the disorder)to get a larger wheel house.

Then I thought the T.V from the other wheel house was now too small for this one, (again part of the disorder) and sold the smaller T.V. and got a 26" that now fits nicely on the shelf. (still wondering if I could have gone a little bigger)

Now I am trying to come up with enough good reasons to retire the Vex and get a new Hummingbird ( Yep... disorder again)

"hooks"

Now I am trying to come up with enough good reasons to retire the Vex and get a new Hummingbird ( Yep... disorder again)

"hooks"

Way to read my mind there bud! I have enough good resons to make the switch... however the wife doesn't view "good reasons" the same as I do.

LOL We all must be losers because I had my fish trap pro setup down in the basement and was sitting inside of it with it flipped over just wondering what I can do to it to make things a little easier. After that went to my Marcum and pluggged in the batteries to make sure they were topped off and then walked over to my Ice Gator and pressed the button on it just so I can hear what it sounds like again while it was turning. I always have the fever for ice fishing and it is my favorite time of the year to fish.

is this a sign if the IFD?

getting another ice house 3 months away from first ice, having a list of lures and jigs you neeed to buy when they first get into stores, getting an underwater camera, making sure my ice house fits in my durango just right, starting the auger up almost every week, making sure all you ice fishing clothes and bibs are together, and having all your rods inside making sure they work and trying to figure out which lure would go best on which rod.

i think thats a miled case compared to some other guys. =D

I just purchased 6 1156 24 led Bulbs from best Hong kong 5 minutes ago,and bought a 32 amp hour deep cycle battery this morning. Ive been working painting on the mods all week painting everything and getting it just right. Did most of the wiring last few days. bought a bunch of jigs at TB too. new lake map book, new minnow bucket, new tackle boxes. I thinks Im over excited for it. Katie at TB was laughing at me for looking for ice stuff so early.

I use my Ice castle as a camper in the summer and it just isnt the same as sitting in a snow storm ice fishing for a week at a time on LOW or Red. Useing the house this weekend for a trip to LOW and I will be thinking of Ice fishing the whole time unless when Im in the boat and cranking in the big ones.

This has to be the best post of all time!!!!! I have all of the above mentioned symtoms.

I have a few to add.

I bought a digital photo frame downloaded all my ice pics and watch them on the weekend in my Ice House.

I am greatful that it has been a cool summer so that means lakes are not as hot as other years and that means higher possibility of early ice.

Looking on E bay as well as HSO-Classifieds for Ice House , Fish house , Ice Fishing deals (items)

Taking the Ice house to we fest and setting tip ups out side the door.

Planning out the weekends for which lake to hit.

Take care all and enjoy your disorder!

I dont't think you guys have a problem at all. I am thinking about ice fishing once June comes around, which my buddies think is nuts cuz summer is just starting. It just makes sense to get all your stuff ready because once ice comes its on,and it don't pay to be "that" guy who has nothing ready nor spent anytime with his equipement (tuning, fixing) in the off season. Do we all have a disorder?? nah thats b/s... its just we live in Minnesota, where winter rules half the year. Have a good ice season!

Last year was my first living in MN. I hesitantly started ice fishing the beginning of Feb laster year because I was sick of sitting inside all day.

I now have a severe case of IFD. I laughed so hard reading this post, because I was just sitting in my FT Scout in the basement with my newly purchased marcum and jigging rod. I can't wait for the ice. This will be the first time I've fished early ice.

Btw, in the summer I fish from a Kayak. In order to keep feeding the disease I use my ice rods to vertical jig with the Marcum right over the edge of the kayak. Works great for crappies.

Quote:
Btw, in the summer I fish from a Kayak. In order to keep feeding the disease I use my ice rods to vertical jig with the Marcum right over the edge of the kayak. Works great for crappies

Ha! thats alright man, I use my Vexilar when ever Im in the boat during openwater, shoots right through an aluminum boat..just need to dab some water on the bottom of the boat for the transducer. Don't use my ice rods or jiggle sticks though...

wow i have ifd really bad ......this year i was eather going to buy a house to live in a real house or a new ice house .......that was hard ......i still wish i would have got the ice house i could of lived out of that in the summer lol

:)I too suffer from this same disorder, I put my OTTER BOX on my wheeler about a mounth ago i'm ready. Great thread by the way. Get through a little pheasant hunting with my new lab this season and I will be ready for hardwater. Snow on the ground today has given me more of an itch.

Ok, so we go to the local ice rink for a scouting party. A couple of people ask "Why weren't you out there skating?". I told them that I didn't want to hurt any kids out there. Truth be told, I was dreaming about my shack sitting out there and drilling through that 1/2" of ice that they had out there. I really can't wait either and I too suffer from IFD. Thank goodness that the cure is like a 30 year program. Hehe.