• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you suffer from ice fishing disorder?

JSK76

Do you suffer from ice fishing disorder?

New clinical sings of IFD.

The hotter it is outside the more you think about ice fishing.

You remodeled your fish house twice in 4 years.

When in the deer stand, you day dream about ice fishing.

You have friends you only see and talk to on the ice.

You have 3 fish houses, one for first ice, one for thicker atv ice and one that needs to be pulled with a truck.

You have a garage full of ice fishing gear that you don't use any more and thought about opening an on-line store just to get rid of it so you could get money to buy more.

When you shop for a new vehicle your first thought is how well it will go through snow.

You don't have life insurance but you insure your fish house.

You have two flashers, one for each hole.

You buy a $1000 generator and tell your wife it's for an emergency power outage but it really for ice fishing.

You have more then one Les Kouba print in your ice house.

you would be fine with winter year round.

you have 12 ice rods but mostly use rattle wheels.

You search "ice house" on Craig's list just to see if you can get some layout ideas off someone's house for sale.

You spend time on ice fishing forums 6 months or more before we have ice.

Come on guys lets keep it going!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You own 12 tipups but can only use 2 at a time.

You buy your vehicle just because your portable will fit in the back.

You go looking at sporting stores only to hear from the salesman say that ice fishing supplies will not be out for a month but you still go every week just in case.

Your best three piece suit includes bibs,jacket and boots.

You get excited to see frost on the grass and to see your breath in the am.

When hole hopping doesn't include bedroom behavior.

LMAO laugh

Scary how many of these apply ot me eekgrin

Couple more:

- 3 portables just to make sure you got every situation covered, but find you have a gap so are looking at a possible 4th.

- You justify buying more equipment so everyone you know will be setup incase you are able to convince them to sit on a frozen lake looking at a hole with you.

I, too, suffer from chronic IFD. The only prescription I have found to work is to pack up a bucket of gear, and head to the nearest grocery store's freezer section. Open the nearest 4 doors, and start jigging over a package of frozen fish fillets. You can also try puttting a few waxworms in your lower lip if you need a fix while not in the grocery store.

- You justify buying more equipment so everyone you know will be setup incase you are able to convince them to sit on a frozen lake looking at a hole with you.

So true. My wife loves that one. "I thought you already had one of those flasher thingys"

I feel so much better now that I know why I am the way I am. I too suffer fron IFD. I have it so bad that I'm retiring from my job in PA and moving my family to Northern Minnesota. It's the ONLY tratment for this disorder. I cannot wait for the treatment, I know that I'll be feeling much better soon!!!!!

Ive had my portable set up in my garage since the beginning of may, and have spent more than one occasion just sitting in it waiting and hoping. I stripped it down yesterday and did the mods all over again cuz I thought I could get it 10lbs lighter, lol. I have, 2 ice sleds 2 fish houses, a 55, a big buddy, a mr heater cooker, and only one ice auger,lol. 90 days gentlemen!!

I only started ice fishing 2 years ago. It was a slow sickness with only a portable, heater, couple rods/jigs and 8" auger. Last year, the sickness allowed me a Humminbird. Since the ice left the lake last spring, I have fallen into a coma, 2 different size pop ups, another flip over, 19 foot Vfront wheelhouse, Hemi with Boss V plow, 10" auger, another Humminbird, Aqua-Vu Quad, Honda generator, Artic Armor suit, more than a dozen new rods/reels, a full tackle box of things I couldn't live without, H2O Expedition GPS, Magellan GPS backup, 3 more Buddy heaters and a couple Mr. Heaters, 2010 Polaris XLT Widetrack and trailer, and I'm not sure it's over yet. I refused life support and just take pills to keep me calm. Does it really matter if we catch fish too smile

Holy "C" Jake are you not married? or just hit the Lotto or something. I couldn't hide that much stuff out in the "man cave" with out her finding the ashes from all the receipt I would have had to burn! Take two swedish pimples and post back in the morning! sick

Nope not married anymore. (She got the boat) Finally found a good job again and just decided to enjoy life. Dipped into my some of what was left in my savings, but mostly shopped for off season deals, auctions, and I have a good banker. smile Wheelhouse and Hemi were used, but in nice shape. Got a great deal on the snowmobile thru a friend with a dealership.

Have a 06 F350 and a 01 Ranger that sits in the garage all summer with 60,000 miles on it but can’t justify selling the ranger because you use it to go ice fishing.

Sits in the wheelhouse in the middle of summer just to watch a movie

OOO boy do I suffer from IFD. lets just hope nobody starts a treatment center for us all.

I've found myself sitting in the Otter, set up in the garage, in July, drinking beer.

The neighbor has come by more than one time and caught me sitting in the Otter.......and of course he joined in and had a beer.

The fish don't bite very well through the cement but who cares?