Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddsbyday

Ted Kennedy passed on

26 posts in this topic

Ted lost his life to a brain tumor today. I can't say I ever agreed with him. I will admit he did what he did very well!!! He will be missed. Thats coming from a far right concervative. I think the best thing about Senator Ted Kennedy is you could always count on him to take a different view. I tip my hat to him.

This year seems so dim to me. About half the people I looked up to has passed away. I will miss Ted. Peace be with him.

I wonder why so many Americans treat the Kennedy's with such reverence. They are just a bunch of Bootleggers who made their fortune through illegal means. Joe Kennedy bought his son's way into politics and this is somehow looked upon as acceptable.

What is wrong with this picture?

Ted was a filandering murderer and I'll bet Mary Jo Kapeckney was waiting to hit the down button on his elvevator to eternity.

It has something to do with public service, Chef. I hope you understand eventually.

Judge not lest you be judged, stone & glass houses, etc.

I wonder why so many Americans treat the Kennedy's with such reverence. They are just a bunch of Bootleggers who made their fortune through illegal means. Joe Kennedy bought his son's way into politics and this is somehow looked upon as acceptable.

What is wrong with this picture?

Ted was a philandering murderer and I'll bet Mary Jo Kapeckney was waiting to hit the down button on his elevator to eternity.

And cheated on his first wife as soon as they were married among some of the great things that he did in life.

It has something to do with public service, Chef. I hope you understand eventually.

Judge not lest you be judged, stone & glass houses, etc.

You're right, Max, I am expressing judgement, which is not right. The reference to public service I don't quite understand, however. You'd have to believe Politicians actually serve a purpose (other than for themselves) to buy into that notion.

I won't revel in the families misery of loosing a member of the Kennedy Klan. However, I have absoluetly NO respect for a man who has gone thru life riding on his families name and power. Dig deep and you'll find out what the real Ted Kennedy was.

Ted lost his life to a brain tumor today. I can't say I ever agreed with him. I will admit he did what he did very well!!! He will be missed. Thats coming from a far right concervative. I think the best thing about Senator Ted Kennedy is you could always count on him to take a different view. I tip my hat to him.

I agree he was great at his job and he did it very well. He will be missed because there will not be another in today's politcal game that will do what he did.

I have been around for a long time and have seen a lot. First, polititicians stopped serving the people long before my time. They are in it for themselves. Ted was a drunken lush who lured the party as far to the left as he could get it. I have respect for JFK and I respect the office Ted held, but I don't respect the man. I do not think I have to re-write what was said above my many on what is wrong with this family.

For the guy that says he looked up to him, I would climb a little farther up the curb so you can find better folks to look up to. Criminals in sheeps clothing are not what I would call Role Models.

Really interesting take, so the fact that he would cross party lines is that far to the left?

Also who isn't in their job for themselves? What person would believe politicans are in it for the people? The narrow minded and media spin it as such and yes they can talk and they can convince many many people, because they are good and they are passionate about what they believe in and what they believe citizens should believe in. When officials get voted in the people have shed their opinions and that is what they want for that term or someone's career.

Anyone in a position for over 5 decades deserves the respect. just my .02

He was only there because he was voted in by name only. The saddest thing is the "midnight tokers" in Washington are going to tag his name to Obamacare and if you don't vote for it you are against an icon. As in the same case of the Presidential elections, if you didn't vote for Obama or dislike him you are a racist.

Folks need to grow up or this country will be a shell of itself in less than a year. Heck, it already is.

He was only there because he was voted in by name only. The saddest thing is the "midnight tokers" in Washington are going to tag his name to Obamacare and if you don't vote for it you are against an icon. As in the same case of the Presidential elections, if you didn't vote for Obama or dislike him you are a racist.

Folks need to grow up or this country will be a shell of itself in less than a year. Heck, it already is.

Explain to me how can Obama be drug into this because they are both Dem's? They both believed or more so Obama believe in Ted's view on Healthcare since 1978. This thread is simply about respecting someone who passed away and everyone seems to bash those that aren't around.

In regards to getting into a position on family name it happens all the time in business, teaching, politics, ect..it's a part of life and since you have been around for so long and seen so much you should know that!

Good Lord. Here we go again with the partisan bullsnot. While I applaud the spirit of the beginning of this thread, where a staunch conservative paid tribute to someone firmly in the other camp, I suppose it was inevitable that it eventually would descend into them/us.

Ted Kennedy was no more or less a man than any of us is. He had as many faults as everyone does who has posted on this thread. Was he the second coming of Christ? Ummmmm, no. Was he very good at his job? You betcha. Was it a job he chose to do, and was it a job that the majority of voters in the Commonweath of Massachusetts chose him for again and again and again? You betcha.

Frankly, the whole "Camelot" Kennedy garbage has always made me a little sick, and the romantic, sensationalistic mourning attached to the Kennedy clan just leaves me cold.

But Ted Kennedy knew his onions, and if his onions smelled as bad as all of ours do, so what? He served his country as best he could for a long, long time. And that was some excellent service. He fought a lot of battles and won many of them. He lost some, too, both personal and professional, but who among us wouldn't acknowledge defeat now and then?

Good man gone.

I can think of worse epitaphs. I'd settle for people saying that over my grave.

Oh yeah and he got away with murder. And didn't even loose his senate seat. If you read the account, she was alive and breathing when he abandoned her and left her to die. He did notify law enforcement 10 hours later after he and his royal family had time to cover his a$$ and save his senate seat. But I agree, he was a great American .

Thanks, Tom.

I'm going to say one more thing and then drop it. We venerate those service men and women who die defending their country. We don't care if they cheated on their spouses, beat the snot out of people, defaulted on a loan, broke laws or were jerkbaits to live with. As soon as a total jerkbait who also happens to be a soldier dies for his/her country, they get our tribute and our tears. And I believe they deserve our honor, regardless of their human failings.

Ted Kennedy spent his adult life fighting against his own personal faults and for his country, and though he died on a different field of battle, he's no less a hero than Sgt. John/Juanita Q. Public blown up by a bomb in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I didn't agree with a lot of his politics, but the U.S. would be a slightly worse place if he hadn't been the Lion of the Senate.

Yeah, rip me a new one. You GO, you judgmental and partisan girls! winkwink

Ted Kennedy worked very hard for the oppressed people of the country.

Enough said.

He sure did Harvey. And he got fat and rich off of those people in doing so. He was nothing more than a drunk, womanizing lawbreaker who had a last name that got him in. Folks voted for name only. He did nothing great to help anyone without takeing something away from another group.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
Ted Kennedy worked very hard for the oppressed people of the country.

Enough said.

He sure did Harvey. And he got fat and rich off of those people in doing so. He was nothing more than a drunk, womanizing lawbreaker who had a last name that got him in. Folks voted for name only. He did nothing great to help anyone without takeing something away from another group.

Someone check my pulse cause I'm about to defend a liberal, but..........Back off on the capitalizing on name recognition thing if you ever defended GW or Hillary.

Now that covers both sides pretty well.

You obviously don't know much about politics. If it was his "name only" he'd never have been one of the three longest-serving senators in history.

The country was made a shell of itself by the morons who supported Bush and Co. and their wars of choce that wasted blood and treasure overseas.

In terms of the racist thing, there is little other reason anyone would have chosen McCain/Palin at the ballot box last year. Obama was so superior the only reasons a peron would have voted for the Republican ticket is racism or sheer idiocy.

And, yeah. Let's allowthe insurance industry to ration health care for us because the "market" works so well for us all, doesn't it?

Wow, I'm a girl, an [PoorWordUsage], and a racist. I'll work on it guys. To compare Kennedy to soldiers on the battle field is a connection I can't make.

In my way of thinking there is a huge difference in being a good politician and being a good man. GW was a good man but a poor politician, Ted Kennedy was a good politician...

divthread_2.gif

Hmmm, do you have one that shows a hard LEFT turn, too? How about an abrupt about-face? gringrin

Sorry, I was going to be done commenting (and I haven't seen anything else on point worth commenting on since my last post), but as usual you've introduced an interesting visual that's just too juicy to cast by the wayside. And, golly, it's such a very GREEN image! winkwink

Quote:
He was nothing more than a drunk, womanizing lawbreaker who had a last name that got him in. Folks voted for name only. He did nothing great to help anyone without takeing something away from another group.

I thought this thread was about Ted Kennedy?

Why are you describing GW to a "T" ? smirk

God's speed Ted,life was more interesting with you here.