• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ford Excursion with V10

I'm considering a possible vehicle switch to a used Ford Excursion with the V10. Looking at something like a 2000 model year.

This will just be a tow vehicle and some family carting around on trips but I have two commuter cars that get most of the miles.

My tow rig mainly pulls the boat, a 4 place snowmobile trailer or the newly added hobby of my girls...HORSES! shocked

Right now and in the past I've always had Chev suburbans both 1/2 ton and one 3/4. I just don't know anyone with an excursion to ask them common questions like how they like it, what kind of mileage to expect etc.

Any problems that these units were prone to?

What are their pros and cons?

How is their body integrity?

thanks,

ccarlson

I also have a 99 f250 superduty crew cab with a V10. Empty I will get about 12.5 to 13 mpg. 4 sled it will get about 8 mpg. I have got as low as 5 to 6 mph(40 to 45 mph head wind holding 75 mph). I bought the truck with 50,000 miles and it now has 112000 miles. I like the truck and would drive it more if it was a little better on gas. The one thing that you will have to watch out for are ball joints like to go bad. I have replaced boths sides on mine. I also just had to replace the alternator this summer.

I also pull a buddys lund 1700 angler with a 90 honda to lake of the woods and I will get about 10 to 10.5 mpg.