• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lac Seul - East End lodging

Never stayed there but that is one of the places I have researched and would like to fish.

If you want to stay at chamberlain narrows anderson's has two or 3 outposts that get good reviews but spendy. Ojibway Outfitters is the only resort/lodge in the area. Pretty mixed reviews about that place lots of reading available on walleye central. The best option to me looked like house boats. I think lac seul floating lodges and sioux lookout houseboats were the two places. One in hudson and one by sioux lookout I think.

Moosehorn lodge appears to be the only musky oriented lodge on that end of the lake. Appears they are quite a boat ride from CN but there is plenty of photo proof they get some big skis from lac seul. Not sure if they make long runs daily or what.

Those are the ones I have found.

DeBo was pretty much right on with what I was thinking. Ojibway Outfitters (has a different name now I think) is right in the narrows and gets mixed reviews. My Bro-in-law has stayed there about 20 times and loves it but others do have their issues with the place or its owner. I have been there a few times when we running short on bait on a houseboat and he can be a little caustic. You will have to boat in to get to them. They will pick you up in a big boat to haul your gear or you if you are not bringing a boat.

I have stayed at Moosehorn a couple of times but never made the trip up there with them. That said, if you are o.k. with the long boat ride they will put you on the muskies. Greg is a excellent guide and they will get you up there in a big, fast 21' boat when you use a guide. They do take care of their guest well.

I have also taken houseboats that way a half a dozen times and think that is the way to go. We have always been treated well by either outfit sending houseboats out of Hudson.

I've been to CN several times. I'm a walleye fisherman, but we were up there one time when a group of about 15 musky fishermen from the Chicago area were at the camp. They beat the area hard for a week and came up with some nice big fish. Not very many, but they were nice. (I saw the photos) Fishing that area is like most musky fishing -- work hard and you might get a big payoff. I wouldn’t say Ken, the owner, would be the guy I would hire to be a motivational speaker, but he provides a reasonably good level of service and the walleye & northern fishing is about as good as it can get.

As an alternative the Manitou is a good musky fishery. I know a group of guys that fish every year and they do very well. There is lake trout and smallmouth fishing as well.

lip ripper - I don't know for sure yet. A lot of factors go into when and where we go on our trip but usually it is between July 6 and August 12 sometime.

I am looking for a cheap place to stay. I don't need to be catered to since I won't be in camp other than to sleep and maybe eat.

If you are looking for a cheap DIY and have your own rig camping at Abram Lake Park is hard to beat. It is a run everyday, 17 miles by road to the landing and 20-30 miles to get to the bigger water. I'm not a musky fisherman so maybe there are some spots closer to the Deception Bay landing(we,ve had a few encounters in Sen Bay fishing walleyes). Camping is about $35/ night for two guys and 1 rig. It's my favorite destination bare none!