• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Over the Counter (and online) Deer Licenses Available

This is the first time in many many years we didn't get 1 doe tag at all.

There must have been a million people applying fr them.

I thought maybe something went whacky with their drawing. Every year we would get 6-10 tags. I guess I will need to find someplace else to hunt this year.

Here's the update as of today (28-Sep-09)

Deer Licenses Available

Interested deer hunters still have time to purchase a license for the 2009 hunting season.

As of Sept. 28, more than 20,000 antlerless deer licenses remain for the 2009 season. There is no limit on the number of deer licenses a hunter can receive. Doe licenses are available in units 1, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F1, 2H, 2J2, 2K2, 2L, 3A2, 3A4, 3D2, 3E1, 3E2, 3F1, 3F2, 4E and 4F.

These remaining antlerless licenses – and doe licenses that have already been issued and are printed with second, third or additional concurrent season designations – can be used during any open season: bow season with a bow; the deer gun season with a bow, rifle, or muzzleloader; or during the muzzleloader season with a muzzleloader. Hunters must stay in the unit to which the license is assigned.

Remaining antlerless licenses in units 2C, 2D, 3E1, 3E2, 3F1, 3F2 and 4F can also be used during the respective special herd reduction season – Sept. 25 – Oct. 1 in 2C and 2D; and Oct. 2-9 in 3E1, 3E2, 3F1, 3F2 and 4F. Again, hunters are restricted to the designated unit.

North Dakota’s 2009 deer gun season runs from Nov. 6-22. The archery season extends through Jan. 3, 2010, and muzzleloader season is Nov. 27 – Dec. 13. License fees are $20 for residents and $55 for nonresidents.

Resident and nonresident hunters can apply online at the North Dakota Game and Fish Department HSOforum, gf.nd.gov.

-------------------

marine_man

Here's an update as of today:

f the deer licenses have been issued, nearly 16,000 antlerless licenses remain for the 2009 season. Doe licenses are available in units 1, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F1, 2J2, 2K2, 2L, 3A2, 3A4, 3D2, 3E1, 3E2, 3F1, 3F2, 4E and 4F.

These remaining antlerless licenses – and doe licenses that have already been issued and are printed with second, third or additional concurrent season designations – can be used during any open season: bow season with a bow; the deer gun season with a bow, rifle, or muzzleloader; or during the muzzleloader season with a muzzleloader. Hunters must stay in the unit to which the license is assigned.

In addition, landowners in nine hunting units – 2K2, 3A2, 3D1, 3E1, 3F1, 3F2, 4A, 4D and 4E – are still looking for doe hunters.

marine_man

A few of us would like to hunt 2F1 near Cooperstown, it's where we grew up, but I can't figure out how to get a license on-line. All I find is deer-bow. What am I missing? What all would we need? Deer, Small game?

To answer the post about 2C some areas in that zone are rediculously overpopulated with deer. Our group of 7 hunt in 2c and 2d(some) and have never had an issue filling our tags for does in a few days (15 -20 each year). Most of the land surrounding the property we hunt is posted tight with alot of it leased to a few hunters who shoot their buck and go home leaving the land they hunted a sancuary for the rest of the year. The area we hunt is loaded with high quality deer habitat that can and does hold LOTS of deer. there is truely no shortage....even with the liberal amounts of doe tags each year, in the last 7 years there has been no decrease in the amount of deer we see.

jeff