Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B-man715

Fun Hunt Tonight!

6 posts in this topic

A local farmer has a few anterless crop damage tags to fill. I told him I would be more than happy to help smile I hunted last night and didn't even see a squirrel frown

Then this evening I tried a new spot with my climber just a few hundred yards away from yesterdays hunt. Boy it sure made a difference!

Though I did not see one anterless deer, I saw 4 bears (mom and 1 year old cubs at 45 yards), a coyote screamed by me at 20 yards and a bachelor group made up of a gorgeous mainframe 10, big 8 and a tall 6 of which crossed the creek about 70 yards away.

Then walking out I ran into a another bachelor group of 4 small bucks!

What a night smile

Wow, they hunt 'em early on your side of the river. Gun, bow, big rocks? wink Or any of the above?

Good luck on your hunt, and as always, PICTURE'S!!!

That would have been a great night hunting or not. Hope you stick one soon.

Good Luck.

Quote:
A local farmer has a few anterless crop damage tags to fill.

I thought I heard of people doing this year round down in south eastern MN?

Wow, they hunt 'em early on your side of the river. Gun, bow, big rocks? wink Or any of the above?

Good luck on your hunt, and as always, PICTURE'S!!!

Yeah, they let the farmers hunt problem deer almost year round. But I think they take a break from May,June, July and maybe part of August so the fawns don't starve.

They let you hunt with a weapon of your choice, but you must wear blaze orange no matter what you use.

Last April I filled a tag for different farmer. That was the last time I will do that. Things were a little to developed and I almost lost my lunch while dressing a doe frown