Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone use Rage Broadheads on Elk.

7 posts in this topic

I have had very good luck with Rage Broadheads on deer. Just wondering if they will have same results on elk.

I have seen people use them and the G5 tekkens on elk and have not had a problem,with that said most of my friends and me will not shoot mechanical heads for elk or moose,I will not use them anymore at all for anything exept turkeys.

They can work well, but check because some western states are banning mech heads for big game.

I would stick with a fixed head for such a bigger game for penetration issues

archery funny how you say you only use mechanicals on turkeys, i was always told opposite that you snould always use fixed, unless you go for head shots

I use the mechanicals for turkey because of the bigger cutting diameter and the small vital area and bone structure. As far as I know most everyone will say to use mechanicals on turkeys.

shot an elk with a rocket 75 gr wolverine did the job but use g5 now due to most guides won;t let you use mechs.