• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bridgestone ball fitting

a47mlb

Went and had a Bridgestone ball fitting today. I get there and they ask me what ball I'm currently hitting. I told them whatever is on sale. They chuckled and asked what's on sale? So I said I'm currently hitting the Calloway XT-Hot. So they pull one out and have me hit it into the net, while teeing the ball up between their gadgets. I hit the Calloway three times, averaging 194 yrds carry with two yrds roll, with a clubhead speed of 106 mph, and a little fade. So the guy asks me if I normally hit it high, and I said yep. He gives me a Bridgestone e7+ and has me hit that three times. The new numbers averaged (drum rooooool) 249 carry with 8 yrds roll, clubhead speed of 108, and dead straight.

Guess I'll be buying e7's from here on out.

I'm curious of a couple things.

1) Where did you have this done?

2) What club were you swinging?

First, I'm intersted in having my clubhead speed measured.

Secondly, with a clubhead speed of 108 mph, I'm surprised that you're not hitting farther than 249 yards.

I'm curious of a couple things.

1) Where did you have this done?

2) What club were you swinging?

First, I'm intersted in having my clubhead speed measured.

Secondly, with a clubhead speed of 108 mph, I'm surprised that you're not hitting farther than 249 yards.

1. http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/schedule/us/mid-north

2. I have a Cleavland Hi-bore driver. 10.5 degree

Well, that's what their machine said. We'll see how they work in real life tomorrow night. But I'm pretty excited. I'll probably slice the first drive two fairways over. smile

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been hitting Taylormade for the majority of the summer and have been hitting them well with the occassional drive (carry and roll) out to 300 and a little change. The majority of my drives range from 250-275.

I have league through work tomorrow at The Ridges in Jordan so hopefully I'm at the top of my game. grin

My mistake.......

LEP, Ridges looked in pretty good condition although I lost 8 balls today......still shot a 97......I then ran to Belle Plain and played 18 more, I could have kept going since it was twillight but the 7 on the final hole took me out of contention for breaking 90 (shot a 93).

I picked up a box of the topflite gamers today, they played okay. I have been using Bridgestone e6's most of the summer and have not been slicing it too bad or at least have been able to find them.

I found a box of Titlist Vx1's from last year in my basement, when I connect on those, Man do I get some scarey distance....I also get some scarey slices too.....

Bring your bug repelant, it was brutal this morning after the rain.....

You'll appreciate this LEP, I started on 10 today and par'd that hole with a 30 yard chip, so on 11, I hook my 6 iron (blue tees) onto the tee box on 12. the guys waiting there said if I hit the green from there it would be an amazing shot, I grabbed my lob wedge and went over that huge oak tree and dropped it within 8 feet of the cup. I still bogied it.....

that is an amazing shot Tom. I have been off the left side of 11 a couple times.

Although I usually use my 8 or 9 iron on those par 3's. I'm hitting 165-175 with my 8 when I tear into it shocked.

I might have to look into those Bridgestones for next year.

Thanks a47mlb.

I see there's a place in Kato offering the fitting. I'll have to see if I can schedule a time.

My game has been improving weekly so the extra expense of a higher quality ball is offset by the fact I'm not losing as many laugh

Thanks a47mlb.

My game has been improving weekly so the extra expense of a higher quality ball is offset by the fact I'm not losing as many laugh

That's just it. These balls aren't really any more expensive than most. I've found the e7's for around $25/doz.

That's even better.

Thanks a47mlb.

As it turned out this afternoon, my team through work won our round of golf, beating the first place team. We were ranked 4th after a strong run from 7th. My teammate shot a 39 on the front 9 at The Ridges while I shot a 50. I should be in the low 40's, but I still have a couple holes per round that haunt me.

A new box of e7's might be in my bag by next week for the Championship.

I went yesterday to the ball fitting in Victoria, very nice town, And exceptional golf course. They firred me with my driver of course and hitting my usual titleist it was a poor performance usually hitting drives around 240 on the course I hit my 10.5 Taylor Made R7 Draw club a whopping 210 yards with an astonishing 6900 spin on the ball... Which led to a question by the yound man do you always get backspin with your driver and I answered yes I do how do I change it... I hit the e6 which i wasn't at all impressed with and only 10 more yards of distance. Then on to the for now cure of an e7.. Vey nice feeling ball and a total drive of 260 yards and the spin dropped down to 4500 which isnt ideal but at least i got about 30 yards of roll instead of backspin... Also whoever else has done this do they e-mail you the results from your swings???? WOuld just like to see them on paper....

Dogs Best Friend

I didn't make it to the fitting in Mankato on Saturday. Just couldn't get there with other plans for the day.

I did get a chance to stop at another sporting goods store in town and got a little info. I picked up a box of the e7+ and will hopefully sneak out back this evening on the local course to see how they'll perform. Now that I know there's a couple options to measure clubhead speed and the sort close to home, I'll be getting back down there either today or tomorrow.

I also noticed they had Taylor Made drivers marked 50% off their normal price. It's got me thinking ahead to next spring. grin

Also whoever else has done this do they e-mail you the results from your swings???? WOuld just like to see them on paper....

Dogs Best Friend

I didn't get my results emailed. I think they might ask for your email to see if you come back or not? Not sure.

I made it out last night to hit a few of the e7+.

What I've found:

They sound and feel totally different hitting them than anything else I've used.

I still have a bit of a slice (more my fault than the ball)

Distance is about the same as I've had hitting the Taylormade.

The e7+ balls definitely have a lower trajectory than the T-Made Burners.

Overall I think once I get used to hitting something a little different, they'll be a good performing ball. I need to step out this evening again and hit a few more.

I am golfing tonight in one of our last nights of mens league, I will have to try out both drivers tonight. The 9.5 degree old blue nike driver from 2002 and the Taylor Made R7 draw 10.5 and post my results after using the e7+ tonight...

Also what is the cheapest price and where for these balls...

Dogs Best Friend

Quote:
Eckie, I have found over a dozen pro v's this summer. Have you been playinbg southwest metro courses???

You're funny ---

My course of choice is Albion Ridges -- you'll find me there every Saturday morning...