Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Return to the Enchanted Forest

22 posts in this topic

Ken and I made a day trip to the cedar swamp with the creek running through it today. We'll keep coming back from season to season. There's something so simple and peaceful about this place that I feel like bringing some Yeats poetry and sitting on a mossy log for the whole day.

Instead, we brought our cameras. Well, it's what we do. smilesmile

All with the Canon 1Ds Mk3, other lenses/settings as noted.

Canon 24 f1.4L Mk2, iso100, 13 sec @ f22, circular polarizer, tripod, remote shutter release

3857048679_851a198f13_o.jpg

Canon 100 f2.8 macro, iso800, 1/50 @ f2.8, handheld

3857735210_77fbeb4005_o.jpg

24 f1.4L, iso800, 1/200 @ f2.8, handheld

3857735206_880993af8e_o.jpg

24 f1.4L, iso400, 1/15 @ f7.1, handheld

3857735198_d3ba0c5727_o.jpg

24 f1.4L, iso400, 1/30 @ f5, handheld

3857735202_d729001df2_o.jpg

24 1.4L, iso400, 1/25 @ f6.3, handheld

3857738738_ff1d51497a_o.jpg

24 1.4L, iso200, 1/125 @ f1.4, handheld

3856973977_ea3d168c21_o.jpg

Sure not disappointed with that first one! Neat stuff! I just got back from my meeting and hope to post a couple later. Great day ol' buddy!

Great stuff Steve. On the last one, though, you can see whee you lassoed the mushroom. Just thought you'd want to know. smile

Great stuff Steve. On the last one, though, you can see whee you lassoed the mushroom. Just thought you'd want to know. smile

Um, thing is, I didn't lasso the mushroom, though I did some lassoing of the area surrounding said mushroom to slightly accentuate the fact that the sun beamed down on the 'shroom/area while the rest of the scene was shaded. Can't see any lasso telltale on my Apple cinema display screen unless I strongly magnify the low-res image.

But thanks all so far for looking and commenting. smilesmile

Really like #2. Can Ken use that tripod as a base for a windmill? What a monster, I like it!

I'm all for the Yeats, my weakness. "On the gray rock of Cashel, the mind's eye... Oh nevermind. Carried away. But the photos are very nice. Love that second!!

Here's a few of mine. Sorry, Steve. The shot I took of you was that turned out was the same spot as the one you took of me.

Enchanted-2.jpg

Enchanted-4.jpg

Enchanted-7.jpg

enchanted-10.jpg

enchanted-3.jpg

enchanted-6.jpg

enchanted-8.jpg

No prob, Ken good buddy. Guess I should have worn my new skinny clothes instead of my old fat clothes today. wink

Nice work on your images! smilesmile

I'm less excited by my first image when looking in post processing than I was at the location on the camera LCD, but that's often how it goes, and we do have plenty of time to keep going back.

Um, thing is, I didn't lasso the mushroom, though I did some lassoing of the area surrounding said mushroom to slightly accentuate the fact that the sun beamed down on the 'shroom/area while the rest of the scene was shaded. Can't see any lasso telltale on my Apple cinema display screen unless I strongly magnify the low-res image.

As an FYI, it is quite noticeable on my laptop. smile

Originally Posted By: Steve Foss

As an FYI, it is quite noticeable on my laptop. smile

Bummer. I can't see it on either my desktop LCD or my laptop LCD at the normal posted size. But thanks for the continued heads-up. I'll pull the image because it's not up to standards. smilesmile

Quote:
Guess I should have worn my new skinny clothes instead of my old fat clothes today. wink

All I got is fat clothes! frown

I'll pull the image because it's not up to standards. smilesmile

If I was to pull all my images that "aren't up to standards", I wouldn't have too many images left on this forum. smile

Steve I see you have a new lense in your arsenol. How do you like it?

What a magical place! You guys should collaborate and do a photo book.

Steve: Regarding the mushroom shot, I can’t see the lasso affect on my 24 inch Dell monitor. Please don’t pull it. I think it is a fantastic image.

Steve, fat cloths, foot swampers. thats how legends are born, > bigfoot lol. teasing you a bit. have you guys ever seen that old trapper shack up in bearhead? There would be some nice shots there and around it. If you have not been there and want to take a look let me know

Wonderful images sirs! Steve your eye for macro compositions is superb! I hope you guys keep exploring and mining the opportunties of this place throughout the seasonal changes, might make kind of a cool calendar theme.

Steve, fat cloths, foot swampers. thats how legends are born, > bigfoot lol. teasing you a bit. have you guys ever seen that old trapper shack up in bearhead? There would be some nice shots there and around it. If you have not been there and want to take a look let me know

Please shoot me an e-mail if you would. My addy is in my sig below. I've got the whole weekend unencumbered and would like to take a look at that shack.