Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B K'S DAD

Tree Trunk

15 posts in this topic

Is there anything on the market that will help rot tree trunks faster?

Dynamite works about as fast as you can get. wink

water and some shade will get fungus working on rotting it out fast.

It's right next to my drive and I don't want to replace it right now.

I've heard wink that drilling a few holes in them and pouring drain oil in the holes works fairly well.

They do sell stuff to rot it quikley, I believe it has nitrogen in it. Not sure what is called, but you should be able to find it at fleet or similer stores.

If you attempt to burn it and are not successful, the charred would will preserve the stump for a long, long time.

Are you trying to get rid of it completely? Unless you don't care when it finishes rotting you should probably get it ground out. Rotting will take several years.

None of that stump be gone stuff will work. Best to fork out a lil dough and have it mechanically ground out.

An old trick with one that's partially rotted is to put some salt lick on it and let the critters tear it apart for you. It works.

have it ground out isn't all that expensive. Although get a few estimates from different tree guys I found a pretty big difference between companies. I think I ended up paying $45 to have someone come out to grind out a spruce stump/roots. Altogether it was probably 2 feet x 3 feet and then went down atleast 12 inches. And it was gone in just a few minutes.

They do sell stuff to rot it quikley, I believe it has nitrogen in it. Not sure what is called, but you should be able to find it at fleet or similer stores.
WHAT, they dont have it at walmart????? i thought they carried everything! laughlaughlaughlaughwhistlewhistlewhistlesmirksmirkwink