• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not ready to give up on the Twins yet!

mr_jman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the M & M boys have any reason to be "dedicated" or "hitched" to the Twins if they don't start giving them a reason to hang around. Hey, these guys were drafted and are now playing for the team that drafted them...that's it. As they mature, and their goals change, I could very easily see them in New York, Boston, LA, or other big market towns.

Let's not forget that Mauer had originally signed to play college football at Florida State...not much "homer" in that decision was there???

it's looking more and more like it's going to take the tigers giftwrapping the lead and giving it away for our chances at the post season. I wonder if leyland didn't get the memo from gardy that teams in the central are not supposed to put up a fight when they play the angels and other strong teams in the other divisions on the road?

What in the WORLD are you talking about?

What would Santana have to do with anything I said?

Just to clarify I'll take Character, team Work and building with in...versus throwing MONEY around in the middle of the season at some DONKEY's.

Kenny williams should be fired for what he has done to that World championship team of just a few years ago. It's a 150 million dollar SUB 500 waste of team now...

So then I am guessing that Carl Pavano and Orlando Cabrerra are old fishing buddies of all the Twinks players, or maybe they are on all the Twinks Facebooks. They would not be overpriced jocks that nobody knows who came along in the middle of the season, right?

Get real dude, you know deep down you would kill for that one extra player that puts you over the top and you also know deep down inside where nobody talks about that it just kills you to know you support a team that is not willing to support its fans with that extra player. Curse George Steinbrenner all you want for ruining baseball but he has the rings to prove it as well as the fan base. Boston has learned the same thing as have the Angels and believe it or not the Cubs and the Sox. They have just not perfected it yet but they have all stepped up to the plate to try to get the job done, the Twinks can put themselves in the same catagory as the Pirates and Nationals as teams who just won't spend the money. Not that the Twinks can't spend the money, it is there, they WON'T spend the money! Reality bites sometimes!

Windy-- Pirates and Nationals-- come on. Twins 2 world titles since either has won one and that one was in the 70's. And the Twins have been very good,, probably your reason for even posting. As far as spending $$, I hear you,, but the Angels have done it pretty much like the Twins (DID DO IT) Name one player on the Angels that they went out and got for big $$ without allready losing a big name player at the same posistion. ie, K-ROD for the relief they have now.(Tori HUnter is not BIG MONEY) Abreau fell into their laps. THE Angels get it done in a way not like the others. And speak of getting it done-- YOu have the Phillys,CArds, not big spenders, but more than the Twins. But look at FLordia, they have 2 Champs, just like the Twins. Spending $$ is not everything.

CUbs-- why even bring them up. Look at their payroll this year and years back-- where has it gotten them?? IT has gotten them Milton Bradley, Zambrono and others that are complete nut cases.-- and zero champs in over 100 years.

THe SOX-- you have one in 2005,, if you wanna count the one in 1917 and the other in 1906 or something--- here's to ya.

You have one title that means anything in this day and age.

THe Marlins, Twins, A's have 6 titles from 1987 to 2003,,(15 years-- strike included) that's pretty good for "Small Markets" Any 3 teams would be very grateful for that, especially since nearly all spend more $$.

SOmetimes it's not spending $$ that's the difference and putting a true team together is more important.

Ah the Twins should win tonite as I will be at the game. I will be giving support to the pitchers as we shall be sitting front row by the Twins bullpen. Put this game in the win column. It is a dangerous spot so I may bring my glove tonite. Haven't needed it yet, but I feel it tonite.

I know Mud, I know, but I was making a point and I am glad that you got it. It would really frustrate me as a fan to have an ownership that won't pull that last handle to put your team over the top and it blows my mind that most of your fans seem to revel in the fact that they come so close, not get it but come close, without spending the extra money. And it blows my mind because it is not their money that the team would be spending. I could see if ticket prices were to double if the team overspent but that is not the case. I am glad that you get my point but right now it seems like we are the two ugly stepsisters arguing while Cinderella is getting ready for the ball in Detroit! LOL

Nice to hear from you Geno, or should I say the great and powerful Oz! Pay no attention to the team from the north side who was supposed to cut thru their competition like a hot knife in butter and waltz to the World Series with their bloated payroll of ageing and non performing superstars, the Great and Powerful Oz has spoken. Let's watch the Twinks and not the Cubbies! How's this season workin for ya so far Geno. We were picked to finish 4th or 5th in our division by most this year, what were the Cubbies picked to do? Hummmmmmmm

Did OUR Twins actually pass Windy's WSox or aren't the standings updated yet?

You are right Geno...that object that was in the rear view mirror is now in full view when those Chi-sox at looking straight ahead... laughlaugh That is Cleveland that appears right behind them now!!!!

I agree Windy-- the CUBS-- once again fulfill the 9 outta 10 syndrome-- Completely Useless By September. 10% of the time since,, well since FOREVER, they get in the postseason, and then they CHOKE like an infant on rib eye.

I may not like the WS or the Tigers or whoever beats the TWINS,,

But modern day baseball is not the same without the Cubs being the Cubs. It's great for baseball having a team that has so much "so called" talent, struggle in ways that are unseen in pro sports. THe cubs make the AL CEntral look like the Yanks of the 50s.

Today's Detroit News has an article by Lynn Henning, who I went to High School with many years ago, giving several reasons why the Twins might just catch the Tigers. Your M & M boys is a big reaso. we seem to have no answer for them. Over here, we're looking forward to a fun month of September. Leyland has said all along that's all he wants. Games in September that mean something. I'm betting it's gonna be fun. Good luck to you guys, but I hope my Tigers hold you off.

RJ,

Bring it on dude! If my Pale Hose can not seal the deal this year you would be my second choice. There are many former Pale Hoser on the Kitties that I admire a great deal including your coaching staff. If we don't catch you I hope you run away with it and make some noise in the playoffs!

Huge clutch at bats in the 9th for kubel, harris and morales. that's twice in the last three games where harris has come thru with a big pressure filled at bat late in the game to get people in scoring position. (maybe a good thing crede is on the shelf or harris might not have even been in the game either time) Wish we would have had morales around for more at bats during the year. the guy can flat out hit the ball.