• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not ready to give up on the Twins yet!

mr_jman

Anybody else still holding out hope that the Twins can get hot in September and play one great month of baseball and overtake this division yet?

Looking at the schedule most of September is games within the division including the all important (hopefully) four game set with Detroit! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Most people wouldn't have any team out of the AL Central getting through round 1 of the playoffs, but all you need is a chip, a chair, and a chance (Thanks Common Man - KFAN)

If the Twins make it, it gives me an excuse to leave work early on a wed/thurs afternoon, put on a Twins jersey and head to a local bar to cheer them on win or lose!

I know it relies heavily on our pitching staff... Even if we fade I can still marvel at the AL Batting Champs race for .400, and possibly an MVP award cant I?

I'm not giving up on them... GO TWINS!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wait for the late season implosion by the kitties or the Chisox. We will pass the Chi in the next couple days and the kitties will self destuct on there own. Leaving the Powerhouse TWINS. Also throwing it out there, I think Crede will have a great September and all you bandwagoners will be back on the Twins and the Crede boat.

I'm not giving up...... the pitching has been better as of late.... we need to keep the run going right now and at least stay even with the Chi Sox and hope that the Tigers start sliding... It is tough to catch one team, let alone 2.

I would say there is little to NO chance the Twins retain Crede. I love his glove and it is nice to see a little more power, but the terrible average and CONSTANT nagging injuries are more than enough to send him on his way in my opinion.

Not giving up but it doesn't look good. Not so sure about the pitching getting any better I'm still skeptical about the starters and early relif corp.

You really have to give Detroit some credit here thye have been winning the close games and that was a huge win last night that will give them confidence down the stretch!

Tonight is a huge game with the Rookie pitching. I hope we can put up a 10 spot and keep the train rolling!

Hey wait...Weren't we clamoring for the Twins to sign Crede over the winter?? I must be mistaken. He does look good at times, but what a wimp. I think that is why we got him so cheap. But then, he is an improvement over Craig Monroe, Toni Batista and Ro White. laughlaugh

IF we are to make a move- this is the week. YEs, Dumptroit won last night, but no one wins 2 of 3 at LA. The WS are in a free fall. IF we can keep this streak going, we can be within 2.5 games in 2 games and pass the pale hose. IT's going to be tough to win the DIV, I don't think we have the starting pitching. Would be nice to have a healthly Slowey. But that is the Twins. GO TWINS

Delmon has been on a roll the last few weeks. We need more of that from everyone to keep this streak going. You know things are going good when Crain pitches 2 shutout innings.

It's pretty close dude but we have the secret weapon that will show up by Saturday and will pitch against the Yankees in his AL debut. How do I spell relief P E A V........!

It will all come down to pitching and I like our chances with Buehrle, Floyd, Danks and Mr Peavey in a one month 4 man rotation and then Buehrle, Peavey and Floyd in a 3 man playoff rotation!

So Pier, I guess that all those years you raved about Yo Han and Tori Hunter were lies? I guess Yo Han and Tori were not people of good character? They were not great team mates of the Twinks? Funny how things change. What are you gonna say about Mauer and Morneau when they bolt the cheapskate Twinks for "greener" pastures? I guess they will not be people of character then, just overpaid jocks, eh?