• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawler Loops?

Bigbartguy

I just saw on the Aitkin Age HSOforum that the Lawler Loops are almost completed? Does anyone have any more info about this - good trails?

Have an ATV trip planned Oct 4 in Mcgregor and wondering if they will be ridable?

thanks!

Some segments of the Lawler Loop have been armored with Geo-Block. To my knowledge, it's never been used on a trail in Minnesota, so it will be interesting to see comments from riders. Geo-Block is a hard but flexible plastic mesh, a little over an inch thick, that sort of floats on wet soils. It has been used in Alaska to get vehicles into tundra, supposedly without significantly damaging the substrate. Because vegetation grows through it, riders may not even see it but will probably feel it. I've heard positive feedback from someone who has driven over it while working on the loop.