Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will

String suppressor

8 posts in this topic

I have noticed that most new bows come with some sort of string suppressor system. Supposedly they help reduce vibration and noise. My bow could use a little help in these areas. There are several different ones available to retro fit my bow. Has anyone tried one on an older bow? If so, what brand? And was there a marked improvement?

---------Will

I have the STS and it works great. An online search will get you the best info.

string tamer! however, will only work if the riser is tapped and threaded on the opposite side of the stabilizer. works fantastic. arrow releases from string same time every time. with it, u dont need string leeches. i love mine! groups got a bit tighter too

There is a new String Tamer out now for a front mount. You can google it.

Vister, I'm not doubting you one bit, just curious why you think it tightened your groups?

Your string will not over travel and the arrow comes off at the same spot every shot.

So, all said it will make a noticable difference and well worth the price?

Mathews just made a string stopper. Very adjustable. Very easy to set up and it don't screw into the front like an STS versions i've seen relatively cheap around 40 bucks but wow it made a difference on my bow.

I would say definitely worth the price. I put one on my PSE Xforce and its amazing its so quiet and shock free. I have no string leeches, or any other "dampening" items. I only use my String Tamer.

Most pro shops will let you try one out. All you need is a threaded hole on the riser below your grip.