• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need help on value of boat***PICS ADDED***

jwmiller33

Another thought on painting; if you can't do a good job, don't do it.

I think the painting idea came up if you were going to try to max your sale price. Like it or not, good looks command a higher price. Many guys want a great looking rig, as long as it's also functional.

i never said i couldnt do a good job painting it. i think its obvious from all the other work i did on the boat that if i did decide to paint it, i would do a hell of a job. my uncle custom paints his custom built motorcycles and said he would help me out as he painted his boat once too. the reason i said i am hesitant to paint it is because then i would be too worried about scuffing or scratching the paint, and i dont want that. ive got a buddy who painted his lund and it looks great but he is always worried about every little scuff in the paint and it just adds stress i dnt feel like having. on the other hand, nothing looks better then a fresh paint job on a lund. we will see i guess... its gonna be a long winter and i hate ice fishing

I can't stop staring at that paint job fishlakeman. Dang I want mine to look like that. Super...another project, the wife will be thrilled!

You take work for others? How much would you charge for a 16 footer? smile

Wish I could do it for ya, but I don't think it would be worth it for you or me. It'd take too much money to make it worth my while as it's really labor intensive. Now if you did the adhesive removing, had her sanded down and ready to be taped and painted, we might be able to work something out that'd make us both happy.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks]

JW, the analogy here would be to a pair of jeans. A guy can go to walmart and buy a pair for $15, or a guy can go to The Buckle, and spend $90 on a pair. They're both just as functional, it's just that a lot of people prefer the name brand stuff. When it comes to trailer, I've found people to really prefer a Spartan or Shorelandr on those 14-16ft boats. Probably because they don't show their age nearly as much. As far as the exterior goes, people are superficial, look on the outside first and make their judgement. If a lady is fat and ugly, chances are you aren't going to give the inside of her much of a chance.

tooshay.... my trailer is actually from 1978 according to the title.... i guess maybe the home made ones don't show their age as much