• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Top 3 duck hunting lakes in MN

Secret Lake #1

Secret Lake #2

Secret Lake #3

wink

I have always wanted to hunt:

Leech

Winnie

Lower Mississippi

LOTW

...maybe someday I will get to them. Until then I will stick to the small lakes that just have names the farmers give them.

Question? How would you hunt Milacs? There is a house almost every 100 feet all the way around. There are some spots like along 169 but I would think that it would have hunters stacked upon one another. I have always wondered this. please help me out on this one.

beaver pond in a cedar swamp 3 miles from the nearest road

beaver pond in the Swan Lake area

10 acre rice lake 6 miles down an ATV trail and 1 mile off the trail

I hope that narrows it down for ya!

As far as lakes that aren't exactly secret:

Squaw Lake

Anywhere on the Bowstring River System

Winnie

I have always wanted to hunt:

Leech

Winnie

Lower Mississippi

LOTW

...maybe someday I will get to them. Until then I will stick to the small lakes that just have names the farmers give them.

I strongly suggest getting out and hunting the bigger lakes. If you hit 'em just right when the northern birds are just getting here it can be lights out, especially leech and winnie. I haven't been on LOTW or the Lower 'sippi

Question? How would you hunt Milacs? There is a house almost every 100 feet all the way around. There are some spots like along 169 but I would think that it would have hunters stacked upon one another. I have always wondered this. please help me out on this one.

I typically hunt this body of water late season and there are fewwer hunters and muskie guys out. You would be suprised at just how much is acctually huntable. there is alot of places that you can throw decoys out. You just need to do some scouting. depends on the season but I would like to take several trips up there and if there is an open seat some time I'll post it on here.

Hay elwood me and my brother just got a new boat that can hunt 4 guys. 16ft 91 Lowe jon boat with a 04 60hp merk. Has a fully enclosed blind 2 heaters a cook stove. If you would be interested in a late season diver hunt up on the big pond (milacs) And show us around we can stay at a buddy's ice shack. shoot me an email if your interested.

Scott

[email protected]