• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New climber stand

harvey lee

Harvey let us know what you think once you've used it a few times this fall. I've been a long time Summit guy and I know you have one yourself but if I bought another stand I think the new Lone Wolf you have would be it.

Most important for me is a quiet setup and climb, weight, and enough comfort to sit all day.

From what I have heard Lone Wolf is the best stand out there but they just aren't as comfortable as the Summit Stands.

Wonder why they designed it with the two black knobs facing inwards.....

It certainly is a downfall of the stand. I am 5' 5'' 165lbs with the regular width stand. They don't stick into my ribs, but for a bigger guy I know they would.

I'm sure Lone Wolf had some complaints, now they make a seat that is a few inches wider (like the one Harvey bought.)

In my humble opinion they are the best all around climber available. I have used or own(ed) a Summit, API and Gorilla climber. I think this season will be my 4th with the LW, and until something better comes along it will be my go to stand.

I also bought the hand climber for it, but still prefer the sit and climb.

TIP: I didn't care for the aluminum bar that you use to sit on while climbing (I just use my arms to lift) so I took it off a few years ago.

This summer I was going to order footrests for the platform, but instead I just bolted the bar to the platform for a one-peice footrest that folds up.

I also wanted to buy the Wolf Pack backpack deal, but saved a $100 and bought an ACU Molle straps and belt. It is awesome!!

I can post some pics if anybody wants to see the modifications.

That stand does look really comfy! Harvey, how limited are you in the trees you can put it in? I'm not sure, because I don't look at the trees with a climber stand in mind, but don't most of the trees you'd want to put it in have too many limbs to make it work? Boy, if I could make a climber work I'd sure like to...

That stand does look really comfy! Harvey, how limited are you in the trees you can put it in? I'm not sure, because I don't look at the trees with a climber stand in mind, but don't most of the trees you'd want to put it in have too many limbs to make it work? Boy, if I could make a climber work I'd sure like to...

That is exactly why I only use hang on stands. I hunt some crazy trees and rarely are they conducive to climbers. I've thought about the hand climber for bowhunting, but I'm not sure.

I would love to see the pics of your modifications!!! I am also shocked at the price for the LW pack so I'm looking for a better way to carry.

I to just bought the new Lone Wolf WSC and practiced on a few trees. Very lightweight, quite, folds flat and simple to climb. One concern - I felt like my hips were being squished together from the seat folding up on the side, tried adjusting the straps which, helped a little. A long sit might be hard.

I'm lost on what is happening. Is the whole seat folding up on the sides? I would try to adjust the belts holding the seat to the metal arm a bit more. That could help if it is down to low as the sides could maybe come up around your hips or legs.

I tried mine the other day and didn't seem to have that issue.

I have not heard of to many complaining of this happening so it may need a different adjustment. I'm sure you could call their customer service and asked what may work the best.