• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PS Elements problem.

I'm have a problem with the organizer portion of the program. I'm getting lock ups that are forcing me to reboot. I have no problems with the editor portion of program. I have over 15000 images in the organizer and I'm wondering if this could be to much for the Elements to handle.

If any of you have any idea what could be causing the lock ups I would sure like to hear about it

Could you be a bit more specific? Which version, when does it freeze up?

If I remember you can do a catalog recovery. Should be under File>Catalog> then choose recover. Both elements and photoshop can have corrupt data base issues and both give you the option to rebuild them. Keep in mind this may take "hours" to complete, many hours. Good luck.

Its PSE 6. I don't think the catalog is corrupted, all my images seem to be there. Its hard to tell for sure with the amount of images I've got. Perhaps a general house cleaning is in order.

The problem usually occurs when when I select images I want to open in the editor or when I am importing raw files.

Thanks for responding. This might just be the excuse I need to buy lightroom.

I still think you are looking at a data base problem. As far as I know that has nothing to do with the images in the catalog, just how Elements sees them. I don't believe a recovery will do anything at all to the images themselves, just the data base. I think this is how Adobe recommends a "general house cleaning".

One of the things I didn't care about with Lightroom was the way it organizes images. It is very similar to PE so that may actually be a benefit. I believe there is an import system in Lightroom that will use the catalog from Elements. Make sure you do a search on the proper way to that for a smooth transition.