Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRH1175

2005 Yammy f115 making a squeeling noise?

7 posts in this topic

I have about 30 hours total on my f115. After coming accross the lake at high speed when i throttle down to a fast idle. My engine will make a squeeling squeaking noise for about a minute or until I shut it down. It is fine at high speed or while idleing during fishing. Any one have any ideas as to how I could fix this problem. The engine runs great it is just real annoying. Something need to be adjusted or oiled?

DR:

There is a drive shaft bushing that needs to be lubricated. Yamaha issued a bulletin on it. It does not hurt anything-just annoying. If you talk to your dealer, he will be able to get you fixed up. You have to drop the lower unit and apply some special grease Yamaha recommends to the bushing-takes care of the problem.

You can spray some lubricant at the noise location without dropping the lower unit. Look under the motor in the area where it hangs on the transom. There is a gap where you can see the problem area/bushings.

Don't sweat the noise, as mentioned it's very common and has been since Yamaha came out with their four-strokes. My buddy had one (200HP) back around 2000-2001 and it did the same thing when new.

here's where to look, the shiny shaft at the end of the screw driver. yamahasqueel.jpg

Any special lubricant that you guys would recommend? Thanks

I know you have to use Silicone, since it is a rubber bushing. Thanks for the picture. I read more about this last night online. But couldn't find a picture to fully understand. Now I know, thanks!