• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you were the 2nd overall pick............

bassNspear

Watch yourself Zamboni. You're going to be out a lot of lures in a hurry. Warner will not have better numbers than brady. He is a good QB, but lets be serious here, he got lucky last year with injuries. Even if he gets nicked up for a week or 2, he won't have a shot to beat brady. He has better receivers, warmer weather, and easier conference, but is not the better qb (real life or fantasy). Same amount of games, brady will outscore him but its not enough to justify drafting brady in the first round.

chubby darter? lets do it for a lure that catches some fish!! are we just going with which ever one scores more fantasy points in a standard format league.....winner takes all even if kurt blows his knee in week 2 or are we saying if they both play all season or same amount of games?

Most fantasy points scored. Funny you mention Warner blowing his knee out, since it was Brady that had it happen 2 minutes into the season last year. OK, no Darter, 2 Swedish Pimples instead, winner gets choice of size/color.

I would take MJD second.

Something to look at if your thinking about Forte at any spot. He plays Baltimore week 15 and the vikings week 16. Some pretty tough spots when it will all count.

Alot of leagues are done by then. I think we are done week 14

yup most leagues playoffs are week 15 and 16...i even see some with week 17 i hate that....some have playoffs be 14 and 15...i never seen any end week 14 is that just the regular season or the actual championship game is week 14?

2 swedish pimples or something of equal value how bout that? who knows what i'll want by time i win!!!

well, i want to thank off of you for your help. I racked my brain on this for 4 days, and it didnt even matter. I ended up with AP at #2. The guy that picked #1 overall took Matt Forte!

Must be a huge Bears fan. With Cutler there now, they will be throwing more than they did last year. I would take Forte #4 at the very highest. AP, MJD and Turner are top 3.

gotta watch out for turner...if history repeats itself he's not gonna have a good year...no one in history has had a good season after getting as many carries as he did.

what a steal with AP at #2...i'd never pass that up....only way i don't draft AP at #1 is in reception leagues...even then its hard not to just because i'm such a viking fan....i get AP when i can...i get shaincoe, i get percy, i try to get favre for my back up, i get MN D lol....you can get shanks and perc really late....berrian isn't a bad pick...good thing they are a week 9 bye so i have time to adjust.

The board/magazine that I use in the format closest to the three leagues I play in has D. Williams as #1 followed by AP. I usually follow this almost as a bible as everytime I "reach" for somebody I seem to get bit. Doubtful that I would go that way but interesting how high they are on Deangelo.

One point that they made which is a huge upside is that Deangelo's TD's are almost always distance and in one league I play in anything over 50 yards is double points.

Still not going to take him at #1 but I can honestly say that this is the year that I wouldn't have an issue with selecting at #2 or #3 or #4 since you have MJD and Turner there as well. Also a Forte fan but not sure anywhere before #5.

Would love to grab AP at #2 but seriously doubt that will happen in too many leagues based in Minnesota.

AP all the way especially when you live in MN

Draft with your head, not your heart. Loyalty to your home team doesn't bring home the FFL trophy at the end of the year. Especially if your home team is the Vikings!

The magazine i use has an updated sheet that has Turner #1. D Williams #2, and AP #3.

Interesting. I've seen Turner at RB2 all the way down to RB9. I haven't seen the rankings this jumbled in quite a while and usually the top five or so are pretty much set at this point going into the season, but every ranking list I look at has different players in different slots and quite substantially too. Most are settling on AP, MJD, and Forte as the top three in some order or another. Throw a dart at Williams, Steven Jackson, LT, and Chris Johnson for the next four and where they line up. Jackson seems to be climbing the lists as of late and Gore can't be forgotten either.

I pick #4 in a draft tomorrow night and I'm not sure which way I'll go.

Draft with your head, not your heart. Loyalty to your home team doesn't bring home the FFL trophy at the end of the year. Especially if your home team is the Vikings!

nice try sensi, considering if everyone stays healthy we'll have to come back and see where AP ranks out of RB's at the end of the season ...might wanna peep out shanks also.

the only time you might want to consider a different pick then AP is in a reception league, and even then who knows now with favre.

i'm just sayin if you have the choice of AP, turner, MJD, forte, ect, and you think they are basically even go with the one your a fan of...right now if i was a jag fan i'd probably take MJD over AP...any of them top guys could be the highest fantasy players this season so take the one you watch and like to cheer for...thats what makes fantasy football fun...they all have the ability to be the best any givin year.