Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

If you were the 2nd overall pick............

47 posts in this topic

and AP goes #1, who would you take

M. Turner

M. Forte

Jones Drew

LT

Have draft tommorrow, and have been thinking about this all week, and cant make up my mind!

Thanks

Turner. I think he will take a slight step backward from last year, but is still the #2 back. Forte and MJD are both good, but I don't think they are in that class.

I have seen LT rated around 7-8.

Good Luck!

CJH

Maurice for 2nd

Gonna be a tough decision. I got MOJO Drew last year with #11 overall, but since Taylors gone, I wouldn't hesistate taking him #2.

Is it a PPR league? If so, then Turner falls down the list unless you think they're going to turn him into a receiving back this year.

Peterson barely edges out MJD in a PPR league and that's IF, and only IF, you think Peterson is going to duplicate last years yardage. If he doesn't then he falls a little too. Reception points can add up in a hurry, and Turner and Peterson don't get the catches like MJD does or has in the past anyway.

Forte is the same way.....lot of receptions last year (three times the number that Peterson had and 10 times more than Turner). With Cutler coming to Chicago it's unknown how much he'll affect those numbers this year.

tom brady...but if your set on RB jones drew forsure

Thats funny stuff right there. You guys in the same league?

I'd take Jones-Drew PPR or not. In a PPR, like has been said, Jones-Drew is right there with AP. JD will be featured more in my opinion and on an offense with very little weaponry, he should get plenty of touches.

I have #2 on Thursday. It's stupid, but only reason I'm thinking Forte or Turner is that I already have MJD in a league. Barring injury, you'll be fine with all three, but I think MJD is the right pick. PPR league or not.

MJD went #1 in my league with AP going #2. Its a ppr league so Turner fell to me at #4.

If I had the second pick and AP was off the board I'd go MJD.

do you guys think that MJD is going to be able to carry the whole load this year being that he has always had another back behind him!

Yes. After week 6 or so last year they pretty much quit using Fred Taylor and MJD thrived and finished with great numbers. Thats why he has jumped from a 10 or so pick to a #1 or #2 in most leagues

thats what i am thinking that if AP goes #1 which im sure he will, i think the best pick at #2 is MJD?

DeAngelo Williams. Gets more receptions than Turner, higher average yds and no fumbles last year. He is the feature back in Car. Turner gets more touches and higher total yds. No doubt he's a stud but I might take Williams if I get 2nd pick.

i wouldn't you can get williams in the 2nd round easily....you can even get him in the 3rd and 4th in some drafts.

Originally Posted By: zamboni

Thats funny stuff right there. You guys in the same league?

whats the funny part?

QB (coming off a torn MCL) in the first round. He won't have another 2007 you know, and to be honest, I would take Warner before Brady now, but not in the first round.

thats what i am thinking that if AP goes #1 which im sure he will, i think the best pick at #2 is MJD?

Some experts are actually picking MJD AHEAD of AP.

coming off a torn mcl doesn't really matter, everyone has the same chances of being hurt, he was the best fantasy player before the injury by a landslide.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear

Some experts are actually picking MJD AHEAD of AP.

yup, i did in one of my drafts so you know its legit.

coming off a torn mcl doesn't really matter, everyone has the same chances of being hurt, he was the best fantasy player before the injury by a landslide.

You said it "WAS" he WILL NOT have another 2007 season, and like I said above, Warner is the better option of the two, especially with the emergence of Breaston.

lol ok, he can have half the season of 07 and still be a top rated fantasy player....warner is ok you can get him in the later rounds.

I would be willing to make a wager, say a fishing lure, that Warner will have better fantasy numbers than Brady at the end of the regular season.

If you want a QB that will win a Super Bowl, Bradys your guy. But, if you want better fantasy numbers, then go with Warner.

yeah depends on injury and how many games each of them play...they both have alot of targets...i'd take that bet though.